Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are picking up a new 6 week old puppy on Saturday. BUT now are having 2nd thoughts on the chocolate puppy we chose. There is a very cute "champagne" puppy but his coat seems straighter. Can anyone tell us or even show us how these 2 coats will differ when they are grown?? We would love a wavy, fuller coat. Help!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'd say the chocolate is going to have a full wavy coat, and the apricot pup will be full and straight...

But thats just a guess - their coats can change when they get their adult coat in :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Are these F1 Labradoodles?
the lighter color pup will be alot like my dog Magnum i think

The chocolate will be a longer more wavy coat

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
They will both be gorgeous of course, but I agree
that the chocolate will be wavy and the apricot straighter...........

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I agree with the other - I think the chocolate will have a more wavy coat.

Do you know anything about their temperment (i.e. is one more calm than the other)? I would take that into account too :)

Good luck - they are both adorable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yes, they are F1 labradoodles. The picture of Magnum just makes it tougher!! He's great! What about eye color? Both of these pups have blue eyes now, but what do they usually turn to? They both have the amber noses and pads. Thanks again for the insight.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
There is another F1 labradoodle also he has a bit different coat,
its the famous bocker,, www.Bocker.tv
dont hate me for his song gettin stuck in yer head, LOL he was born here and has the same daddy as magnum
eye color , could be a amber eye like my sandy girl
or could turn brown ,,doupt they will have blue eyes, the eye color changes as they mature

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
The chocolate one will be more wavier and thicker coated Possibly
as at 6 weeks it's still hard to tell at times

the cream doodle in my avitar still had straight hair at 6weeks old but it was short and thick though. I didn't bring her home till 9 weeks old

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Kinda like Christmas with the shorter coated pups, you really never know whatcher gonna get,, :lol:
Take Bocker he looked like a lab pup with curls on his ears when he left here Look at him now
Magnum, well he had more coat then i thought i wanted as a pup, then when he matured it was perfect (this is the type of coats i like in a Doodle)
easy care, no fuss, doesnt mat,
with a f1 labradoodle they can shed ,,course any of them can,,
I have to say they are both cuter then cute
heck take em both ,,Doodles are like tater Chips, cant just have one,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum...they are both absolutely lovely pups!
I agree with the post asking about temperament...if you really have trouble deciding, I'd look carefully at the temperament of both pups to decide which fits best with your family.
I may be reading your post wrong, however, is your pup only going to be 6 weeks when you bring it home? If so, you might want to reconsider. Many states require pups to be at least 8 weeks of age and I believe that there are important reasons to let them stay with their mothers and littermates to at least 8 weeks of age...but, again, I could be reading it wrong.
I think that the picture posted by Nancy is a good indication of what the light colored pup will look like...the chocolate pup does appear to have more curl...but then looking at the curl on the ears of the light colored one, both could have some curl. I'd go by personality and temperament! :D
Enjoy this time...preparing for your new baby! Best wishes!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'd be focussing on the temperament as well. The appearance is going to take a backseat if you gt the pup home and don't like the way it interacts with your family or is not a good match as far as activity level etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts