Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So!!! Last nite Bruce and I are installing a new dishwasher..(actually I was watching :? ) Anyway, he's on the floor surrounded by his tools, and I'm gabbing away....realizing it was a little too quiet, I went to investigate after I heard a loud 'CRACK'...my darling doodle Raleigh is on the couch chewing something....(suprise,suprise..hahaha)..turns out that at some point he grabbed the plumber tape..you know...1/2 in tape on a blue plastic spool that you wind around the copper pipe?? Not so bad that he cracked and broke the spool, but he also manages to eat three quarters of it!!! I started pulling on the tape, and no lie, at least 20-25 ft. came out of his throat little by little!!!...what a disaster this could have been when I stop to think of it, if i hadn't caught what he was doing....but the best part of this story is that I didn't have to pull it out the other end!! :shock: :shock: :shock: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D
Gotta watch them every minute and THEN some!!! :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

August 29th, 2007

The Day the Doodles Dined
(on everything they shouldn't)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
My day hasn't been that bad.....I only had to pul a "stuck poo" out of Miko....after catching her! :shock: Turned out to be part of the corpse of a stuffed bday toy from my niece! :shock: Yes, I used a poo bag, not my bare hand! :roll:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Does Miko dance around and go baulistic until you offer help?

Tanner does and it makes for some interesting looks when he has dined on long strands of grass and were on a walk...we get some strange looks as he is running around in circles and I am trying to catch him to help pull it out :oops: :oops: and yes my hand is also covered with a plastic bag...ugh!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well, Cali and I had a different kind of incident today on our walk. We each got stung by a wasp. Very fortunately this didn't result in any swelling. I called the vet to get instructions for Benadryl just in case. We won't be walking that route any time soon! :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
annieG said:
Does Miko dance around and go baulistic until you offer help?
Were you watching? Yes it's the run, squat, run, squat, lay down, try to retrieve it on her own, run, squat, look at me like "can I get a little help here?"! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kathie...what do you feed your doodle? or did you forget to feed him and that tape was the only thing around for poor Raleight to eat?

and just like kids ANYTIME IT gets real quiet...alarms should be going off!! hahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

glad though you were able to reel out all 25ft and Raleigh is okay.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
RULE #1
Always check on a quiet Doodle, Kathie did and it may have saved a life
What a smart Mom.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts