Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cody is 29lbs and 4mo-old. I want to get him a nice leather colar and I don't want to have to buy another one later on. His neck is 13in now. Could some of you go measure your adult doods necks for me - please :D The measurement should be "accurate snug" with no finger space. I found a site I really like http://www.ldsleather.com/collars.html and I want to get Cody a nice navy blue colar with brass eyelets and a name plate. Yes, he's spoiled rotten. So, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,

Our dogs wear 14-18 inch collars... they're 1 year old now, and seem to have filled out at about 16 inches. So with a 14-18 inch collar you should be on the save side

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the size options are <12" or <17" or <22in. Cody is a male but I don't know if that will make a difference or not. I'm going to get him a hunt collar. I wanted a breakaway for safety but I like the look of leather better. The hunt collar seems to be the answer. We live in a wooded area so this will be safer for Cody. I may go with the <22in since I can always add more holes. I don't know. I want to get it for him now since he is outgrowing his nylon puppy collar but I don't want to spend the $$ only to have to buy another one in 6mo. Anyone have a grown male dood with larger than a 17" neck?

·
Registered
44 Posts
leather collar

We have a 4 month old doodle called Dulcie and I too have been on the look out for a nice collar. I found that any that looked wide enough for such a big dog were still too long without tenough holes, but we bought a nice one anyways (Can't remember the name but similar logo to 'Timberland') and we drilled a few extra holes in it. Even the wide camo. style changable collar I got for her last week doesn't go small enough - I can't believe it, as she looks so huge, but must still have quite a scrawny neck!

I have also seen some really cool but expensive collars on a site that posts out abroad - some are a bit over the top for my liking, but some are great. http://www.northernmoods.com/collars.htm

I love the ones done by an English company on line called Pedlers and there are also some great African beaded ones on ebay, so just waiting for Dulcie to show me her true size before ordering any of those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,

how big did we expect Coal to get again?

I think >17 inch is not quite common for doodles (with the exception mentioned above - is you're doodle a giant dood? ;) )

good luck,

Michael.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My female doodles neck is about 17 and my males neck is 19. He is not a giant by no means.. He is 27 1/2 inches tall, 87 pounds and a 19" neck. I think the females in general have smaller necks. My friend Sue has a LD that is a male and 111 pounds and his neck is even bigger than Phantoms. Shoot, my female labs neck is bigger than Phantoms.. Hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.