Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blood boiling mad ... this so-called breeder in nebraska sold me a dog, for which i actually offered more than what she was asking for b/c i felt i was taking advantage of her ... my husband met her in the town she was going to because her son was on trial for god knows what (first clue) and she was going to show him support. pikced the dog up, very skittish and when asked about this ... she claimed it was because she hadn't travelled. ok, well this dog is sooooo scared of everything. she cowers, we have to pick her up to bring her outside, we have to keep her inside because she rams the outside kennel and busts through it and takes off ... she has bitten our neighbors dog while being walked on a leash, she growls at the kids (remember i have 9 under the age of 13), she growls at our dogs ... she's taken off 2 times with a cumulative search and rescue time of 9 hours! i called 6 weeks ago and asked what we should do, she claims she called back (nope, in the age of caller ID, not a chance I just missed the call). Is this the same dog I was told was fantastic, great with kids because she spent loads of time with the breeders' grandkids? Very friendly and loving?? I'm at my wits end. To top it off, she expects me to drive 3.5 hours to ship said psycho dog pay, the $400+ shipping and only retrieve half what I paid for minus shipping????? [email protected]!!! Does anyone have morals? Are ethics completely devoid nowadays?? Is money that important that people only see dollar signs? I am shocked. Email me for her contact info!!! I'm not letting this go, everyone in my family is a lawyer or works for one!!!!
:evil:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
omigosh poor you, poor dog. she must have been good to fool you as a breeder huh? she should immediately refund all costs and at minimum split shipping with you. Perhaps it would be better for you to try to place the pup through the rescue and for her to refund your money and call it a wash.

I still dont see why we shouldnt spread the names of these breeders on the web (but you can pm me hers so I can beware). Stinks being reputable and above board and having bad apples out there.

M~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the more i talk about this, the more

i realize i was an idiot ... i should have balked at the numbers of different types of dogs she breeds (huge red sign), i should have balked at the condition of the dog when we brought her home, i should have balked at her temperament immediately, i should have even been suspicious because she was asking soooo little for a breeding f1 goldendoodle ... i was dumb, but as the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ... this dog sounded fabulous, she had the right script, i'll tell ya!!! thanks for your support, i feel foolish right now!!! :oops:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Susie, I am so sorry...unfortunately, there are many breeders out there like that. It is a horrible lesson to learn. I think that most of us can give similar stories...well, not with such bad dogs, but with bad breeders and bad contracts.
I know that I have been burned...and I just had to do what was best for the dog and chalk it up to tuition in the "school of hard knocks"...still, if you have contracts that can be enforced, I'd say to use the help you have available and enforce the provisions.
I guess this is why my business dealings (as a breeder) has evolved to where I treat people the way I want to be treated...I wish more breeders lived by that creed...but so many don't and they are the ones that give us all a very bad name.
I wish you all the luck in getting this cleared up and in getting help for that poor, mistreated puppy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks jac, i wish i had been more foresighted, but oh well. i did ask her to write up a contract with some provisions but in all the hustle of travelling she forgot it and was supposed to send it to me. i did not specify this sort of thing in it ... what i dictated to her was solely based on genetic testing ... you know, like i told someone else, my anger has subsided and i'm just disappointed, you know? i guess i live in a bubble, i didn't think it was possible to have a dog so incredibly unsocialized. i've never really seen a kennel dog, i guess -- i suppose she's just a puppy mill really. then there's the guilt of funding a mill. ugh!! she claims she has at least 15 people to vouch for this dog that she was perfect and happy at her house ... then when i asked for those references she got livid. but a lesson learned for sure!!! thanks again!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Susie i am so sorry to hear that this happened too.

I once got burned years ago by a VET that was associated with Petsmart. When i threatened a lawyer they took the dog back and gave me the real story! all 3 of my kids and myself had been bitten already though :evil:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Wow Susie, I'm sorry you ran into such a bad apple.
I suppose it's a good lesson for all of us. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is!

I hope you're able to find some help for the poor dog. It stinks that you're having to deal with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we live in a small town and just don't have those types of resources. i spoke with the "breeder" and I use this term lightly, and told her i had connections to a retired behaviorist who may be able to help, but would only pay $500, i told her i'd split the difference with her. she told me to put the dog down ... i told her i didn't have it in me and she said -- "no, no, I want the dog back". well, she's on her way to craig and then to central California ... i will keep in touch, and hope for the best ... thank you all for your kind words!!! :?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good for you! I am so glad that you have found a home for the dog! Congratulations! And...good work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i also found out tonight after a call from our trainer who is aiding in the transport (it's a huge operation) that delly is the result of a goldendoodle crossed with a golden retriever ... NOT what i was told. AND, the only vaccinations this dog has ever had were the ones she administered days prior to selling the dog to me ... rabies on the 29th by the vet i'm trying to contact -- not a surprise and not huge, but just a few more indications that she's a slip shod job of a breeder!! :(

i can't tell you how relieved i am to have her gone ... it's like i'm 100 lbs lighter and my kids are free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts