Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at home today recuperating from a car accident yesterday. It was the craziest thing...first the accident that didn't happen, I was taking Tanner to daycare for the afternoon...someone ran a red light but I was saved the the person in a truck next to me who saw the person coming and honked his horn and threw on his brakes. I coudn't see passed him but I instinctly threw on my brakes....results, Tanner and I narrowly missed getting "T Boned". I was shaking but feeling really lucky....so...dropped Tanner off at daycare and set of back to my work at the Univ. of Utah.

I was in the left turn lane in back of a pickup truck waiting for the turn light when BAM....Crash...I was rear ended by another pickup which caused me to hit the one in front.

Some dumb woman, on a cell phone, ran her little neon into the one behind me.....and so I was accordianed in the middle. The force blew out the back window...where Tanner had been only minutes before...glass everywhere.

So now my beautiful new RAV 4 is waiting for repair (they say probably 2 weeks). I am so thankful that Tanner wasn't in the back.. and I guess I was lucky to be in this accident rather than the one that almost happened

Still shook up though :cry:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Oh AnnieG. I'm so sorry this happened. Wow, God does work in mysterious ways. I hope you are not too banged up and that you recover quickly!

·
Registered
689 Posts
It was just your day to get into an accident...I'm glad you're ok and the accident waited until Tanner wasn't in the car with you.

I HATE seeing so many people talking on cell phones and driving!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh i'm so glad you're ok. and glad tanner wasn't in the car because the back seat may have taken more abuse!!

we have a new rav4 too so i'm glad to hear it protected you well in the crash. hope it gets back to new soon!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
So glad you weren't seriously hurt. And really glad Tanner wasn't in the back!

So sorry about your car. Was anyone ticketed? When my mother had that happen to her (she was rear ended by a drunk driver which forced her into the car ahead of her, both of them were stopped at a light) she was ticketed for being too close to the car ahead of her. Crazy, huh?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RAV was amazing...I think the tire on the back absorbed much of them impact...plus the fellow behind me threw on his brakes and that helped too!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Annie,
So glad you are all right and Tanner wasn't in the car ... one of my big fears. The same thing has happened twice to my husband in his CRV ...those back tires may not look great, but they sure do take the brunt of it. CELL PHONES - AUGH! Maybe we when we see someone driving and talking (and we have our 'little ones' in the car) we should pull up next to them and get our doodles to bark their heads off! Just to get the yakkers to shut up and drive. :idea:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thank God you're going to be okay!! I have always had a terrible fear of having an accident with my fur baby in the car. In fact, I had a terrible nightmare the other night about that. It seems the doggy angels were caring for Tanner and made sure he was safe and sound.

Hope you mend quickly and not too painfully, and give Tanner a huge hug for me and Dex.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
AnnieGk how are you feeling today? is your neck alright? sometimes we don't feel anything till the next day. Gald you weren't seriously injured and that Tanner was NOT in the car with you at the time. WHEW!!!

hugs and kisses to you both!!! your husband must feel like you and tanner had a guardian angel watching over you yesterday.

I get so angry when i see people talking on their cell phones weaving in traffic not paying attention :evil:

G

·
AnnieG, wow, so glad you and Tanner are OK. If you are sore, those Thermacare wraps work wonders! Add a little Alleve and hopefully it will help.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been...you rest up and recuperate, and give Tanner extra hugs. Near miss indeed...I read the thread title and immediately thought 'car accident?'....good to hear that you're both OK, thank God.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
My goodness, Annie, that was a horrifying day! I am so sorry!
Even though you didn't feel hurt initially, be sure to take it easy, whiplash can come on days after something like that.
I can't imagine how relieved you are that Tanner was not in the car!
This is just plain spooky...bless your heart.
Please check in when you can, I'll worry about you.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is all right....talk about a bad day! Cell phone drivers.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! If it's that important....pull over and talk! How did we ever live without them...... :roll:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Annie, I just got a huge lump in my throat as I was reading your thread. Things could have been so much different and we could all be crying right now :cry: The Doodle Angels were definately looking over you and Tanner, how scary to think what could have happened. I'm so sorry that you had to suffer but so thankful that the outcome wasn't much worse. Please take it easy and give Tanner an extra big hug tonight :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all you good wishes...so far no affects from the crash...they ruled that the lady was liable (took her insurance several hours to decide :roll: ) car has about $5,000 damage... should be good as new in a couple of weeks...I will certainly make sure to use Tanner's car harness EVERY TIME :!: It could have been much worse, I am just so thankful he wasn't with me.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
We have all learned a good lesson from this, Annie, thanks for posting and I am so happy that you feel well and that your car will be repaired without a battle with insurance first!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Annie when I read your post I felt so bad for you, but I am glad you are going to be okay. My brother was sandwiched in a few years ago and he was sore for a bit so take care of yourself. Yes, yes, yes always use the harness for Tanner!! I never drive without Abby harnessed in because you never know when some jerk on a cell phone is spacing out :( Take care :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts