Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah let's just say that Sam kept quiet about having to go out tonight... (All of the white foam is carpet cleaner following where he peed down the whole length of the hall.)

By aliciarose, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2008-03-13

By aliciarose, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2008-03-13

My sister laughed while I debated what to do next...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
If you don't have any...I would buy some Nature's Miracle. It works to get the scent out so the dog won't want to go back and pee on the same area.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG hahhaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry but i had the best giggle cause Beau did the same thing once...and Max did too

well at least Nature's Miracle works good and your carpet won't show any stains

was he playing with a toy when he did this? hahhaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
SammyDon't :? WOW he must have a hidden water supply (toilet?) that's quite a trail :shock:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing is, he just went out an hour before!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have to figure out a way for hik to audibly alert us he needs to go because we were all home but didn't see that he was sitting by the door I guess...

Any suggestions?

G

·
How long have you had him? After about 1-1.5 mos Maya got into a nice routine. She is always in the room I am in. If she isn't that means she is at the door wanting to go out. If I am busy and don't notice she will walk into the room and then run to the door. If that doesn't work she will whine. It's just her signals.

Maya figured out the whine thing on her own. She knew I would get mad at her when she went in the house (I never punished her or brought her over to her messes or anything she just knew it's not good to go inside.) Sorry not much help!

Oh when she did mess though she always would like to "help" clean up so I would always tell her she needs to go potty outside to make mama happy! Maybe that helped!!! hahaahaha

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We adopted Sam just after Christmas... We never had an issue with him going in the house before. On occasion if he was left alone he would have an accident, but this time we were home!

He just sits by the door until we notice. Doesn't whine, scratch, or anything... And we had brought him out just an hour before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a set of these Poochie Bells ( http://www.poochie-pets.net/ ) to hang on the door. You could probably make some for far less than they cost though - it's basically a ribbon with bells attached with key chain rings.

They say that for a couple of weeks you ring the bells yourself whenever you let them out and say something like, "Outside, Ring the Bells," every time. After a couple of weeks you then stop ringing the bells yourself and after you say, "Ring the Bells" you give them a chance to do it themselves. If they don't, you go ahead and do it. If they do ring them, you praise them and let them out.

Even though Gromit has had no other formal training yet, it took him less than a week to get the hang of it. He does sometimes ring them when he wants us to go out and play with him but for the most part he uses it when he needs to go out. If he starts ringing the bells a couple of minutes after he just came in, I will ignore him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts