Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't take it anymore and had him groomed earlier than I expected. But I'm glad I did. He looks amazing!

The groomer, I wasn't so jazzed about. Just her personality. She had her own opinions on how I should be treating Napa's injuries. She felt I should be giving him Vit C instead of the pills given to me by my vet. She also thought that his hind legs look "tight" so she felt he was developing Hip Dysplasia.... She also didn't like what we had decided to do about his front legs- getting him another surgery and having them fix his legs, which I think will involve rods. And I really think that as soon as we fix the front legs, the back legs will get better. Right now its like a human walking on all fours, with straight legs. His butt's higher than his head because his front legs are shorter. So of course he's probably putting stress on them. Anyway, so I liked what she did, and I'd use her again, but I'd try to not have a conversation with her. Anyway, enough of me ranting, here's the photos to prove:

Pre-moving to RI

Post Moving to RI

He did come out with a tuff at the end of his tail. I would have kept it, but living with my dad and my brother.... poor Napa wouldn't have heard the end of it....

Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I really like it. And she described him as a Water Spaniel, which he does have in him, since I traced his linage back to Cool Dude, an Australian Lab with Irish Water Spaniel infusion. So, she said she'd cut him that way, all one length. I think this description is better than the "anti-poodle" description.... Anyway, I'm really happy!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Napa has the most adorable nose!! what a cutie!! :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, Kristin, now you know that he is stunning either way!

He looks great! She really did do a fine job on him and for the summer, I'm sure that Napa will like it too! He certainly has gorgeous eyes!

·
Registered
429 Posts
He looks wonderful! What wonderful soft chocolaty curls.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
WHAT A SWEET FACE!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! I definitely prefer him this way. His coat is SOOO soft! I don't think he'll ever get that long again! His curls are just too tight! Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts