Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tree surgery crew was on a large job today removing a tree that had a "U" shaped house built around it 20 years ago. The tree was in the back of the house. Well the tree was in decline and the only way to access it was to lift cut sections above the house with a crane. I took some pictures and video of the operation.

This is our crew leader in the bucket truck securing the crane straps:

The same process from a different angle:

Video of the crane lowering the section after it was cut. The audio is loud from all the equipment so you may want to turn your speakers down a bit:

Video of the ground crew positioning the section in a safe place:

Riding the crane back up to cut another section. Sorry it's sideways, I thought I would be able to rotate it once it was downloaded :roll: :

These guys get such an adrenaline rush from doing this. I guess I get one just watching but since I can't even stand on a chair without getting vertigo I've never even been up in the bucket. Maybe some day...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW!!! that is one huge piece of equipment and i'd love to be in that bucket (not scared of heights)
thanks MINDI ......you have a pic of the U shape anywhere? and hey now you can landscape the area next April :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh.......that makes me dizzy!! We had a huge tree cut down behind us this summer and it made me queasy just watching............I HATE heights!
Good shots though!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MaxandMe said:
WOW!!! that is one huge piece of equipment and i'd love to be in that bucket (not scared of heights)
thanks MINDI ......you have a pic of the U shape anywhere? and hey now you can landscape the area next April :wink:
Here's two pics of the tree in the U. Unfortunately they hardscaped around the tree so there really isn't any landscaping to do but there is lots of trees to work on!

Picture of the back of the house:

Closer picture of the tree & surroundings:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thank you sooooooo much MINDI!!
and Vanessa DO tell -----how bout right now hahhahaa

G

·
Wow, pretty amazing! I would really have to trust the tree company to do the process right! I wonder how many tree companies they interviewed?
And Vanessa, come clean for the New Year! Hahahahaha! Ya know we love you no matter what criminal past you might have :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
sessa35 said:
Wow, awesome work!
Thanks for sharing the cool photos!

(P.S. SOMEDAY when we all get together in person, someone remind me to tell them about a story of a sign that read "men working in trees" and brief jailtime. just kiddin', er...:oops: :lol: :lol:)
VANESSA .... CAN'T WAIT :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mindi ... Great photos ... would it be too forward to ask what an operation like that generally costs? Nothing specific ... we have an enormous American Elm in our tiered backyard that would have to be handled the same way ... crane and bucket over the house :shock: ... and we'll be getting estimates for some tree work soon ... would just like to compare!

And if you'd rather not ... no worries ... or pm if you'd like.

By the way ... Have you been going non-stop since the ice storm?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FoodLady said:
Mindi ... Great photos ... would it be too forward to ask what an operation like that generally costs? Nothing specific ... we have an enormous American Elm in our tiered backyard that would have to be handled the same way ... crane and bucket over the house :shock: ... and we'll be getting estimates for some tree work soon ... would just like to compare!

And if you'd rather not ... no worries ... or pm if you'd like.

By the way ... Have you been going non-stop since the ice storm?
We've been incredibly busy since then. We still have about 5 more scheduled jobs from the storm alone and are still receiving calls! One of those jobs is a 112 acre townhouse complex that we've only done about a quarter of so far.

Sorry you have to get rid of your Elm. They're gorgeous, stately trees. Does it have Dutch Elm disease?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts