Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on the forum for some time, but have reading your posts for the past few days. They always make me smile (sometimes cry). Doodles are so darn addictive!!

My little story -- Do your doodles take your clothes? Every day my Ruby goes into the laundry room (door stays open for kitty litter box) and finds my most recently worn shirt. She actually ignores the kitty litter, thank goodness...but is persistently attracted to my shirts. She carries one around with her for snuggling and napping. I'll pick it up and return it to the laundry and within a few minutes she goes back to get it. It's kind of heartwarming b/c I know when I'm away for several hours at a time she has a shirt of mine that she's resting her head on. In fact, when I return home after being gone for a while she usually has several shirts. What's funny is that there are three other people's shirts to choose from...but she digs around until she gets one of mine. What a true companion!

Nothing like doodle love!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oh Yes Becci,

Up until last night (when it was my glasses!) Ebbe specifically sought out my bras (guess she couldn't find one). :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Our Charlie isn't picky, he'll pull anything out of the hamper and walk around with it. The hamper is now safely tucked into the broom closest at the top of the cellar stairs. He'll also take clean clothes off the table as my wife folds the laundry, that doesn't make her very happy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How cute! Our little Uma has a thing for the mesh shorts my husband sleeps in. In fact, we were out of town last weekend and she stayed with my parents. This morning my mom commented on how Uma carried the shorts around all weekend like they were her prize possesion.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Boyd will root through the laundry until he finds my socks. It's the funniest thing. The other day I hid my socks under a pile of clothes and he found them!!

Also, my husband left Boyd a t-shirt to play with while he's on business and Boyd is carrying it everywhere with him. I'm sure he wants to make daddy proud by guarding his shirt for him..... :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
AB has never taken clothes - she will scarf towels though, once we gave her a few of her "own" to keep in her toy basket she stopped taking ours.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
socks and underwear are the "hot items" with my dooles :roll:
Peanut loves to bring me a shredded sock as if i should reward her for such a great job :shock:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dante really should have been named Linus - he has two blankets that are his and he drags them everywhere with him - even up and down the stairs in the house. One blanket in particular he will "knead" with his front paws and "nurse" off of if he is particularly disturbed about something.

When is comes to clothing Dante is great - if I drop some laundry coming up the stairs he will actually pick it up and bring it to me.

Heather

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
annabelles mom said:
she will scarf towels though, once we gave her a few of her "own" to keep in her toy basket she stopped taking ours.
I was tempted to do that with Dexter - he loves the towels that I dry him off with after he goes out in the rain - just lays on it, snuggles on it. I thought of giving him one of his own, but I hesitate because of all the horror stories I've heard about ingestion, then surgery, etc. I don't think he'd eat it, maybe gnaw here and there...yet I see pretty often how some of you give blankets, towels, etc. Should I?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Miko's addiction....my underwear!! I have to keep the clothes basket in the closet in the bedroom with both doors closed! Jonah has a "some time" fascination with the kitchen towels. Once or twice a week he removes, but rarely chews the ones on the oven door. :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oddly enough the towels (two bath and my hair towel) hang withing handy doodle reach in the bathroom. And although things have come off the vanity and the toilet paper has decorated the house, Ebbe has never pulled those off! She lay on the floor with her head underneath, but not even a nibble!

:oops: Watch This Space :oops: I probably just jinxed it!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
peanut's latest adventure to chew the magazine and book corners off. She has NEVER touched them till just recently :shock: and Max who can't be outdone by a girl :roll: decided to shred my painting magazine the other night. AND THEN GOES to his crate when i ask " WHO DID THIS?!"
max now goes in his crate when he does something wrong....almost takes the fun out of playing "To tell the Truth"hhahhahhhaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts