Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new doodle today, but was wondering if they are bony in the rear hip area & she does seem to have the runs, I am gonna take to vet tomorrow & think she just got over heated earlier today while we were on our way home...she's black. Any concern here? :? I have had poodle all my life but never a labranoodle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to have a dog that was bigger than a mini schnauzer or poodle & not need alot of gbrooming & didn't shed, so decided to give it a try. Hope I can handle this, I am 50 & going thru a life & career change now, so figured why not throw in new breed into the mix...tell me I'm not a mad woman~!!! :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
It sounds like a loving, adorable pup is just what you need :D We've had ours for a month now and it's amazing how much joy a puppy can bring to a person/family! Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
434 Posts
When we brought our pup home, he also had the runs the first day. Might be nerves...Congrats, I hope you enjoy her as much as we love ours! He is also black.....Leslie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi and welcome to HellYes and NurseLeslie...glad to have you join us!

First, about the runs...NurseLeslie is right, nerves can cause that...but puppies can get many other things that cause it too so if it goes beyond a day, please see your vet. Pups illnesses can turn quickly so I don't suggest waiting too long...but while you are waiting, be sure to keep the pup hydrated.

You could try some canned pumpkin ... not the pie filling, just pumpkin...about 2 tbs a day.

As for being bony...sometimes they are lean, but bony might mean too lean...again, it is always a good idea to take the pup to a vet right away ...for a well-puppy check...and shots.

And...HellYes...welcome to the midlife gang! I am 55 and just graduated law school...talk about midlife career change! hahaha...then I also added Labradoodle breeding to my career resume...started about 3 years ago. So, you see, you have come to the right place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts