Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just weighed Dex. He'll be 6 mos. on Tuesday and he weighs in at 50 lbs.!! Remember when we brought him home from the Humane Society and you guys said he looked like he'd be a small guy? Well, he caught up!

He's putting on the pounds so fast. I'm wondering if we're going to get a horse-a-doodle. I think he's got all his teeth now (at least the canines for sure). He's developing his personality more too. Just in the last week he's become a cuddler/lover. He never used to like the daybed. Now he's figured out that it's nice and soft and you get cuddles there. So he's a permanent fixture there. And he's started giving kisses instead of puppy chews. And I'm falling for him all over again!

We just saw a local performance of Fiddler on the Roof and I keep humming over in my head "where is the little boy I carried, when did he grow to be so tall?" Sing it with me....sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days.... :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh thanks, Dextersmommy....hahaha...now I'm going to bed with Sunrise,Sunset going thru my head!!!! But you're right...they grow so darn fast....one minute Raleigh was a little peanut, and the next thing I know he's 6 mos. and 45 lbs! They're all nothing but bundles of Doodle love!!!! :D And I'm sooooo thankful we have him! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dextersmommy, it's nice to know that there might be a sweet Hector in my future, and not a land shark! Right now, we can't keep his little (sharp!) teeth off of anything! :evil: Nothing's sacred...not kid's toys, shoes, socks, under-britches, etc. If it's not nailed down, he does the grab and run thing! We tell him to drop it, and he does, but then he goes and grabs something else. And let me tell you, his selection of his own personal toys is beginning to rival my 3 kids' toys! :wink: I try to keep them put away and rotate them so he doesn't lose interest, but he'd much rather have everything else he's not supposed to! Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with Dexter. He seems like a real sweetie. Too bad ya'll don't live around here, then maybe we could let him rub some of his lovliness on my little devil!
Jenny

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh yes, and thanks for the Sunrise, Sunset reference (not!) it makes me so sad because it reminds me of my human children and how fast the time is flying by with them. My 2 little boys have gotten so big so fast, and my baby girl isn't a baby anymore. She's 4 and already getting into the "But Mo-om" phase. Yuck! Now I have to go to bed thinking of this warp speed life I'm livin'! :wink:
Jenny

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When we brought him home, he was the size of Truman, Kevin's mom's little terrier. We saw Truman and Babette today and I just kept saying, "they're so tiny, they just look so tiny" cause now they are dwarfed by the monster doodle. He's almost caught up with Callie, Aunt Julie's very large Australian Shepherd. I should get a pic of her, she's so pretty. Here's pics of Truman and Babette.

Kevin & Truman

Babette

He really is sweet. He's gone through the terrible puppy days, but mostly only naughty when he was teething heavily.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I hear you on saying" they are so tiny!" my friend across the street has an American Eskimo that is dwarfed by Max and peanut now is as big as her dog hahahhahaha

Dextersmommy he sounds adorable!! and YES they grow up fast!!

To me Max is small but to my friends he is big since they also have shorter labs...in general smaller dogs in height.

Max is only 60lbs, 24 in tall , lean looking and now 9mos old. However he is on the smaller side compared to many doodles on this forum and at my vets.
Peanut is a little porky pig with her fur growing longer and thicker. more like a porky wooly mammoth fluffernutter hahahhaa i have to take recent pics

I would LIKE a PIC of DEXTER please!!!! besides for some reason Max is letting off SBD;s (phew) at my feet tonight. he hasn't done this in months!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Yeah! A Dexter smile to start my day!! :lol:
Annmarie, we hear Max is on the small size at 45#,50#,55#....now 60#. He is gaining on the rest of them! :lol: :lol: Do i hear 70#...80#????? :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG, dexter has gotten big (and he's so cute!!) Our Dexter was 60 lbs at 6 mos and is now 63 lbs at 8.5 mos...he slowed down a lot w/his growth!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Yeah! A Dexter smile to start my day!! :lol:
Annmarie, we hear Max is on the small size at 45#,50#,55#....now 60#. He is gaining on the rest of them! :lol: :lol: Do i hear 70#...80#????? :wink:
Gene...behave yourself NOW!!! hahhahahahhaa

max is 9 mos so 60lbs is about right at 24 inches. and i would think he has done 90% of growing and should only gain 10 or 15lbs more? then again Linda and I have a bet i say nothing over 69lbs or i have to shave max to get him in the weight range to win!!! :wink:

now how much does Jolly Jaws Jonah weight again? was it 78lbs? and you're what up to 168lbs?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
OMG, dexter has gotten big (and he's so cute!!) Our Dexter was 60 lbs at 6 mos and is now 63 lbs at 8.5 mos...he slowed down a lot w/his growth!
ok how tall is Dexter? just curious as we all know Sue wins hands down with DENVER at 32 in tall great danadoodle in the making. Or maybe sue can have in the circus walking with the clowns on stilts?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
ok how tall is Dexter? just curious as we all know Sue wins hands down with DENVER at 32 in tall great danadoodle in the making. Or maybe sue can have in the circus walking with the clowns on stilts?
The jury is out on that one Annmarie until we see photos of
Toby. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I LOVE her NOSE Annmarie! Another big licorice gumdrop!!!!!hahahah :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE she is going thru a bad hair stage this week it's gotten so much thicker and longer :shock: and she is blowing puppy fur possibly due to weeather changes?
and yes she now has a "shaggy" dog look with one clump of hair on her head that sticks UP ...my teenage boys tease saying she has a cowlick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts