Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE let me brag! My hubby has heard enough and I have to tell this story again and again!
I had the post on how I traumatized Bogie with the pop on the leash. Well.....I took him for a 55 minute walk today and never.....ever........have I had a dog that walked as well as he did and looked so proud and bouncy! His coat was so shiny in the sun! People were driving by and smiling at us! I think the pops worked. WHEW!!

I only had to pop the leash ever so slightly about 3 times on the entire walk. He walked almost right at my left knee and as soon as he got behind or ahead, he moved back to my side with the sweetest look on his face and looking up at me right into my eyes.
Sometimes it felt like he wasn't even there! I wound up looking down to see if he was.........hahaha!!
He did this for the entire walk!
Hubby told me that Cesar Milan says.....it's very special to bond with your dog when he's walking with you....and unless you've had the experience you can never appreciate what it's like. (Something like that)
Well, I had that today!! I am THRILLED..........and so HAPPY!! It felt so good!!

Then we gave him a bath tonight. He was sooooo freakin' good! He stood there and then sat and let us do our job.
After that he laid on my chest and slept.

I'm feeling total doodle love tonight!!! What a JOY!!!!! He'll be 5 months old Tuesday!
Thanks for listening..........I just had to write!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I LOVE hearing your story Linda..........it's so neat and loving to read something like this! bogie sounds like a special puppy :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Aw, Bogie, you are growing up...and learning good things! Isn't it wonderful to make your mama so proud? Keep up the good work (both of you!)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yup it's that time...HOORAY the dog gets it :D :D
I just got the same report from my wife. Abby has turned into the perfect walking dog. She even sits when bicycles and carriages go by now...yippee!

·
Registered
576 Posts
She's doing great! Sadie will be five months old on Sunday and I'm just happy that she's not pulling me all over the place anymore. She doesn't look at me during walks but she's doing much better about walking on the leash in general.
She also barely tolerates her baths. You got a good one there! :)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadie will come around.......she's so cute!!! I think it's this class that's really helping his progress. Are you taking Sadie to any classes?

Had another SPECIAL walk today. Have to conquer the next problem and the class this week.......thank God .....is on jumping on people.
I purposely walked him by the Junior High School just when the kids were getting out. He did everything like yesterday.......except he LOVES kids!! So he'd be walking just fine and then see a kid and be all spazoid and jumping at that them!!
I can't wait to see what they do for this problem!! :roll:

·
Registered
576 Posts
lindamarie said:
Sadie will come around.......she's so cute!!! I think it's this class that's really helping his progress. Are you taking Sadie to any classes?

Had another SPECIAL walk today. Have to conquer the next problem and the class this week.......thank God .....is on jumping on people.
I purposely walked him by the Junior High School just when the kids were getting out. He did everything like yesterday.......except he LOVES kids!! So he'd be walking just fine and then see a kid and be all spazoid and jumping at that them!!
I can't wait to see what they do for this problem!! :roll:
We've done six classes out of our eight week course. She's doing good. She just has her own personality which contains a strong stubborn streak!
She's super smart though and she will come around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts