Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My now 5 1/2 month old Labradoodle puppy named Lucca likes to roam around in our backyard munching on plants and anything else she might find.

I saw her doing this today...and early this evening she vomited. I noticed when she got sick that it included dog food, leaves, twigs, and a few small plastic pieces--(from my chewing on my childrens toys)

Does anyone else's puppies eat everything in sight?

And do you think this is what made her throw up?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello Tina, all puppies will chew. Nothing in their path is safe :) When you find Lucca chewing on something that isn't permissible, take it away and replace it with a chew toy of hers. Puppies need lots of chew toys. Puppies can chew and swallow hard objects that will cause an intestinal blockage and can be deadly so please be careful.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello Tina

Our bella's exactly the same (although now she has to be muzzled for health reasons) her passion right now is eating leaves :roll:

We have no plants left in the garden because she thinks it's great to pull a bush out (roots and all) and bring it to us indoors, we tried sprays that are supposed to keep her away, we tried toys (she has heaps) nothings worked so far

Now she's discovered the joys of digging holes, we just hope she grows out of it :roll:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our last dog pulled every plant out of our backyard. My beautiful grapevines, gone. It made me so mad. But, now as I look back I should not have given him so much freedom in the yard. You do have to watch them because it's just like leaving a baby outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts