Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just thought I would share some pics of NON-prissy poodles... just so you know they are not all yippy or will "break a nail" if you take them camping.

Heres my dad's standard poodle Ozzie. He wrestles with him all the time and Ozzie is certainly not dainty or skiddish or yippy.

and here is our Sammy's Sire: Rocky (Cheyenne Valley) 75lbs of handsome poodle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kelly (nice name, BTW)

Yeah, I definitely like the working clip better than the ridiculous clip. Nonetheless, Standard poodles have just never really appealed to me.

All respect to the beautiful and non-prissy dogs you have pictured aboe, though :)

Kel

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Kel, very nice page! I laughed...and I was very impressed with Jack. You have a fine dog!
I have to tell you ... we felt the same way about Poodles, thought they were prissy, yappy, snappy and spoiled...then we got Chase! Oh, my goodness, he is such a great dog! (And he is very masculine... :wink: ) We let his coat grow (pretty nappy, acutally) and people always write to us and ask how much we are asking for our chocolate Labradoodle. Since, Chase (the Poodle) is the only chocolate dog we have, I know which one they mean.
I have his picture posted on this forum, under Poodles. (Don't know how to post them here, or I'd do so.) http://labradoodle-dogs.net/gallery/dis ... =25&pos=17
Now my husband says that there is nothing wrong with Poodles...it is the OWNERS that have the problem! :lol:
Anyway...welcome! Your web page is a very good, entertaining addition to the doodle resources out there. I am glad you shared it with us!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Kel, loved your site! Your doodle personality observations are right on.
By the way, my husband used to feel the same way about poodles because you stereotypically see them all poodly groomed. He didn't find this to be manly enough---even when said with a deep voice. Now he proudly proclaims Chester to be half Lab half Standard Poodle...I think adding the Standard part increase the manliness factor.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Almost everyone i tell that i own a St. Poodle says: I hate poodles, but they have no idea what a st. poodle is to start with. Than when they meet her they fall in love. She is an amazing dog.

Same dog different clip. I like her both shaggy and trimmed up.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Since I've become Labradoodle obsessed I've really noticed Poodles more and have come to really admire them. Although I'm still not all the wild about the over poodly look some of them are groomed to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.