Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I told my husband when we move in a year or two we should get a bigger dog. Cacao is a mini labradoodle F1. She is so sweet and we really haven't had much trouble with her. We call her our little girl. (We have three boys 7years old/6years old/4 (soon to be 5yearsold).

Right now we don't have the room for another dog. But last night I told him after seeing all the pic of all of your dogs I think I want a big Cream or Red (*not curly) hair labradoodle. He staid I was starting early with the brain washing. I so laugh at him and told him I wasn't. But maybe I was a little. I didn't mean to. I just think it would be nice to have a big dog and our medium dog. But I have over a year till we will really think about it. But I just thought it was funny. I am Brain Washing my husband. lol

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Actually what's happening to you is that Doodleaholicitis has now set in severely and the only known cure is to get another doodle. Don't worry pretty soon your hubby's brain cells will let the same disease enter
and
you'll have 2 before you know it :wink:

·
Registered
148 Posts
My daughter and I have been dropping hints to my husband about more doodles since we brought Rosie home. Doodles are just so sweet and smart that once you have one you need more, more, more! I think in a year or so we'll get manage to weaken my husband.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My husband wanted a Yorkie. He was definitely going to have a Yorkie. We have had our doodle, Tanner, for a little over a year....now he is definitely going to have another doodle same size as Tanner.

You don't have to brainwash...doodles do it for you :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it I will let Cacao do all the brainwashing. Thanks. I love that someone understands me. :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Little does my dh know but I already have *names* picked out for more dogs :shock:

My boy will be Satchel and my next girl will be Talia :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Annie like TIM I love yorkie's too
but for now 3 doodles and 2 out of 3 teenagers living here are all Dave and I can handle hahahaaaaa

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. I have been thinking about names. I really like (it would be a boy) Boyd. Like the Boyd Bears. I love that name.

And we so have to move to have room for a big dog. There is 5 people and one dog in a three bedroom home with only a living room and dinning room combo with a small kitchen on the main level. The upstairs has the three bedrooms and one extra bathroom(the boys bathroom). It is small but it worked when we first got married. Just not after all the kids ( that includes the dog.)

·
Registered
523 Posts
That would be awesome to have two Boyd's on this site. I think you know that I named Boyd after Boyd's bears - he was so cute and fluffy when we brought him home!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awwwww. That is so cool. I just love the name and your doodle is so cute. I love Boyd's Bears.

:D Great choice for a name. :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
We have a very small house......my living room is 12 X16, kitchen alittle smaller.
We had 2 mini-pins and a Siamese........I kept "brain-washing" my husband how I needed a dog because everyone is lazy & doesn't like to hike. A year later I caught him in a week moment when there was a litter of F1's, reasonable, 75 miles away. We went to "just look" (HA!), and came home with a puppy! He kept saying "what are we doing with this big dog?"
Then I bred Tuesday....none of us can remember how we ended up keeping back Marley....he just kind of stayed here. When it got down to the last couple of pups, we liked his personality and "un-posted" his picture. It was just kind of accepted that he was staying with us.
The hardest part is learning how to walk over/around them all when they are spralled all over the floor.
I have to add that my husband loves them all.....and our doodles are the best personal trainers there are!
Go ahead!!! keep talking about getting that 2nd Doodle.....Brain wash him!!! A year is just about perfect timing!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...trust me, somehow you manage to find room for everyone. Our house is quite small and ours can wrestle in the smallest spaces :)

I think Boyd is a great name too :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I remember years ago my 1st place was only 860sq ft and we had a bluetick coonhound and 3 cats hahahhaaa

The house i am in now is quite big and 3 doodles can comfortably do doodle 500 runs and more :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have also started working on my husband for a 2nd doodle. We have a mini F3 and she is adorable. We are moving to a different province where the house will have a bigger back yard. I checked out the breeder's website and she currently has 2 litters with a couple more upcoming in a month or two, including Tegan's mom will be bred again.

We have considered lots of different breeds over the last few months, including golden doodles and schnoodles, but I think after a lot of consideration I want to get a 2nd labradoodle because I have just been so pleased with Tegan's behaviour and temperament.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that DH will come around to another doodle before all the puppies are spoken for. We have a couple of months yet before that happens, so I stand a good chance of talking him round to my way of thinking - LOL.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good luck let me know how it goes. I am just slowly working on him. What I mean is I am saying to him how nice it would be to have another. But after we move into a bigger house. So when we do move I can start a bit harder.
:D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Just get a pic of the new doodle , print it out and put it on the breakfast table :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Just get a pic of the new doodle , print it out and put it on the breakfast table :wink:
Better yet ...........get the new doodle and put him/her on the
breakfast table
bahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Good luck, Samantha, and if the brainwashing works, please publish your methods! I'd like to get another one myself when Tyke is a little older - she LOVES other dogs, and would have someone to play with! Our breeder kept Tyke's sister, Kona, and if she lets her have puppies in a few years, I would love to have one! (and it would be Tyke's niece or nephew!!)
Not sure how Mom would take to the idea, however - Tyke's energy level has been a bit bewildering for her!!! I think it would be cool - I could put together a Doodle agility team!!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts