Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I guess Sadie's chew toys have lost their novelty. I should have known she was being too quiet! :oops: :roll:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Note to self:

Items to add to my new puppy shopping list

Wood putty
Sheetrock mud
Paint

Sigh...I pick up my puppy on Friday & I'm feeling a strange mix of dread and excitement. I waver between thinking, "Oh boy...this is going to be so much fun." AND "What the h*ll have I done? This is going to be a pain in the a**."

(However, because I'm an optimist, I usually focus on the fun part.)

:D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

The damage doesn't look too bad. I'll bet you can make it good as new before hubby gets home.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not too bad and she loves him best anyway. He'll act mad but he'll get over it and be Mr. Fix-it!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
well, it can be camouphlaged and look nearly perfect!!

hopefully, she won't do it again!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Lori2147 said:
Note to self:

Items to add to my new puppy shopping list

Wood putty
Sheetrock mud
Paint
Add Bitter Apple spray! That corner is the ideal spot for it. :)

Deb

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Yes!! Good Idea!! Do at least 2 coats!!
(one and then dry, one more, then dry.)

G

·
Oops!!! Sadie that is not a good idea!!!

Glad your hubby won't be mad. Does Sadie have the sweet doodle look down? Maybe you should practice with her before your hubby gets home!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When Cinnamon did that, my hubby didn't even notice until I pointed it out to him. I was so upset!!!

I fixed it though, not him. I didn't get before and after pics, but the repair looks pretty good. We have stained woodwork, not painted either. Cinnamon also went after an antique hall tree. Chewed one foot off it it. The wood work was easy compared to that.

Never trust a quiet doodle.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Sadie, wood is a No No

Annabelle also, a wood lover, all 4 corners of the shed out back chewed off :roll:

Could have been worse, a little putty, sandpaper and paint and you'll be all fixed up

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BECKY ...amen !! i learned doesn't matter if its kids or dogs
if it's QUIET then ther's trouble somewhere hhahhaaaa

can you put white shoe polish on it for now ...then tell hubby? :wink:

actually, it is fixable and well puppies do these things
sometimes baseboards, sometimes slippers and i think a few of us had eyeglasses get tasted a bit along with bluetooth devices :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Cinsmom said:
My daughter's female cat did that to their new house. She was ready to kill it. Chewed the corner off a half wall by the kitchen table - no joke. I didn't know cats did that.
WOW that is some serious chewing for a kitty !!

I love your new avator, Cinnamon looks like a sweet princess

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OH OH.........But it's fixable, right dad?? Awww.....please.......I'm just a doodle and had some fun!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
This cat also chewed the corner off the dinning room table. They got another cat to keep that one company after that. No more major damage since then. It will still chew things if it gets mad at DD or her hubby, but not walls and furniture anymore. Mostly shoes and clothes if left out. They are real careful though.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Cinsmom said:
This cat also chewed the corner off the dinning room table. They got another cat to keep that one company after that. No more major damage since then. It will still chew things if it gets mad at DD or her hubby, but not walls and furniture anymore. Mostly shoes and clothes if left out. They are real careful though.
Becky i'd never believe a cat could chew, till my daughter's one cat put tiny little teeth marks in all her shoes and purses hahhahaaa!!
what a stinker! :wink:

·
Registered
659 Posts
An easy repair! I'm amused that so many replies to this post are concerned that the "hubby" will "get mad". Sounds like an episode from a 1960s sitcom. In my household, my significant other's head will explode, my eyebrows will get singed from the torrent of swear words, then I will calmly do the repair.... More like a contemporary sitcom!

BTW.... I once had a Siberian Husky who liked chewing wood. I put super hot habanero sauce on the spot he was going after. (This stuff could put me into anaphylactic shock!) After his brain stem recovered from the initial shock, he decided he liked it and kept going back to that spot to lick the hot sauce!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa chas!!!!!

last summer we learned that Peanut and leslie's Dexter LOVED Frank's hot sauce :shock:
Max does for about 2 licks then realizes it isn't for him

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My daughter's cat LOVES hot sauce. She'll even eat a hot pepper seed. I saw it once. DD was cleaning Jalapenos and dropped a seed on the floor. The cat had it before she could get it. The cat loved it and kept wanting more. We thought that it would run for the water dish, but not Keeley! We've decided the cat truly is from hell and likes her food hot!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts