Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited!
Mommy says tomorrow we are going for a LONG car ride (I love rides!) to NY where her cousins are...
And I get to meet my "cousin" Queen who is a rolly polly yellow lab.
Also, Queen has a pal named Trot who is a very curly goldendoodle and maybe I can meet him.

So the three of us make a GD, a LD, and a lab.
Now all we need is a poodle...

G

·
Oh Sammy that sounds like fun!!! My mommy said something about the beach but I think it's gonna rain here so maybe not.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
where in NY sammy???
and remember YOURMOM needs to POST lots of pics :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Sammy,

My mommy says in a few weeks we are heading up there for a mini vacation. I can't wait. I hear it is nice up there. Have fun.

Cacao

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Everyone!
We all got home today and let me tell you, we were definitely ready to leave... I love my cousins and all, but things were too hectic for my tatse and they didn't seem to understand my quiet nature too much.

The ride to White Plains was sooo long! I slept in the backseat with Alicia... She slept too with those funny things in her ears that made noise. It was hard to with my seatbelt, but I got comfortable even though I was falling of the seat a little.

By aliciarose, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2008-05-10

That is my cousin Queen...
She was very excited to see me and I weas actually a little afraid. All night she chased me around, smelling by backside and dancing around barking because she wanted to play. Right when we got there, Mommy and Alicia left to see some play called "Hairspray" and I had to stay with a house full of 5 men and boys... I forgot how much Daddy made me nervous because I was so anxious to be away from Queenie! I went under the bed to hide and she followed me, sticking her nose under and swiping at me with her paw. I growled alittle, not to hurt her or anything... I just wanted to be alone. And she got all upset and we got yelled at. They said "Well it's Queen's house and he's in it." But I wasn't hurting anything, just hiding quietly and I still got in trouble...

Everyone kept telling me to play but Queen was rough. She wanted to jump all over me and kept grunting like a pig. She wasn't very good with her manners either. Mommy gave me some of my special allergy food and Queen kept eating it all and pushing me away from it! I had to go in a room with the door shut just to get some food and water! And Mommy always has a bowl of food out for me but I had to eat a specific time in NY... Because Queen is on a "diet" but I saw her sneak lots of food off the table at dinner.

I found a bone in her yard and she chased me for it which was fun because she isn't as fast as me so she can't catch me, hehe. A few times I lept over her back! But then momy told me to play nice because we got a little mad at eachother and growled... But she wanted my bone! So I didn't really like to play with her much...

Trot didn't come over because until Saturday morning I was very nervous and Friday night another Doggie (a Golden Retreiver) who was very big came over and the boys said I was very scared when Queen played with him. So another doggie would be even scarier they decided...

But I did finally warm up a little to Queen so it wasn't a horrible time. She was just to hyper for me. Ont he way home, I slept a lot again and when we stopped to stretch, I got a few licks of Alicia's Strawberry Fruit Bar!

A Very Exhausted and Happy to be Home Doodle,
Sammy

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwwhhh..I got such a good laugh at your post :) Your photos are wonderful (like always). Poor Sammy wouldn't like playing with our doodles either - all they want to do is chase and wrestle and they don't understand "shy" :) I'm glad to hear he came out of his shell a bit by the end :) What a cutie!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Am I too harsh?
I mean I LOVE my family and all but I had some serious issues with our visit...

1. Their dog is HUGE and still gets bones full with more peanut butter than you and I would ever eat in a sitting, table scraps, etc.
2. Queen sits next to the table and whimpers, whine, and even BARKS while you eat. And all they do is say "No Queen." but two seconds later are speaking baby to her.
3. She grabs food from you, even jumping up to get it.
4. Sammy was blamed for causing a ruckus when they could not control Queen and keep her from nagging him even when he was hiding under a bed and ehe growled...
5. Sam growled at a passerby when the dogs were of leash in the yard and they FREAKED screaming "You gotta grab him right now!" I understand that anyone can say anythign and you can be epenalized because of leash laws, etc... but you don't need to act like he's gonna maul the lady and make it worse! Sam was confused by all the yelling when his recall was working fine in the 1st place!

Maybe I'm just grouchy... (I just worked 14.5 hours... I'm 18 and it's a Sunday night... that cant be legal can it?)
But am I out of line for saying their dog is out of control and they need to express soem discipline???

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Sounds like Queen is just that... queen of her house hold. She's used to getting her way and the rest of the family is giving it to her. I'd stick with Sammy. He's more of my kind of Dog.

Unfortunately. that's the way it is with family. My side of the family is just like that. Dogs are meant to be spoiled, not disciplined. You're doing a good job. When I go to my mother's, she's all the time telling Cinnamon she's too big to play with her Shit Zu (?). She doesn't understand that Cinnamon and Shadow have worked it out already. He's 10 or 11, so he doesn't play much. Cinnamon just leaves him alone, even when he's begging.

Has Sammy gotten any better with Dad? And how did you like the play?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Great pictures and story Alicia! SO it was one of THOSE weekends. Sounds like it was a mixed bag. Thanks for sharing with us Sam. YOU were a very good boy and made your Mom appreciate you even more!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Looks like Sammy had fun. I love the picture of him asleep in the van. Too cute.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
1. Their dog is HUGE and still gets bones full with more peanut butter than you and I would ever eat in a sitting, table scraps, etc.
2. Queen sits next to the table and whimpers, whine, and even BARKS while you eat. And all they do is say "No Queen." but two seconds later are speaking baby to her.
3. She grabs food from you, even jumping up to get it.
4. Sammy was blamed for causing a ruckus when they could not control Queen and keep her from nagging him even when he was hiding under a bed and ehe growled...
1) I don't think dogs need table scraps to begin with (just makes them want to more) and especially an overweight dog really doesn't need that.
2) See #1. Our doodles were taught to lay down quietly while we eat :)
3) Yeah that one is bad...
4) Our 2 are overly playful like Queen - but I would tell our doodles to leave the poor dog alone if he doesn't want to play.

In the end - I agree with you :) We definitely spoil our 2 a bunch...but Queen seems to rule that house.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Queen is a nice dog when we play, but it bugs me how she gets everything... and this dog is FAT.
I think they just don't know. She's their 1st dog and all... I mean they let her shred and EAT rawhides, isn't that bad???

I feel bad because she was just attacked by another dog on their walk a few weeks ago. Had stitches and tubes to drain under her back for weeks...

But she is too spoiled for our family...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts