Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My doodle Lucy (almost 8 months old) inhales her food. I don't think she even chews it. However, I went on vacation about a week ago, left her with a friend and then came home and now she won't eat at all. When I was gone, she ate just like normal, and now she won't touch her food. She also is sleeping A LOT more than I would expect. She plays occasionally, but mostly just sleeps. Any ideas as to what is going on? Is she just still really tired from playing for a straight week with another puppy and needs some time to recover? Or is this something I should be worried about and take her to the vet? She will eat treats or her dog food, but only if I put it on the floor (not in her bowl) or let her eat out of my hand, and then it's only little pieces. Please help!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
When in doubt you should always see the vet.
There could be many harmless reasons but in order to rule things out,
see what your vet thinks.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I'd see what the vet thinks too.
Wonder if the separation from you may have caused a temporary setback? She may have not slept well when you were gone? Just a thought. But, I'd check it out.
Hope little Lucy is back to her normal self really soon!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Ditto Sue's advice! The only one of my three I ever have a problem with not eating is Miko. She goes in stages. Every now and then, she slows or stops her eating....but she will guard it!! :wink: If she goes more than a day or two, I add a tbsp of yogurt....and she gobbles (slowly) til it's all gone. Let us know how things are coming along!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When we have a doggy friend over or Cin goes on an overnight-er, she's wiped the next day or two. She's always back to normal by the third day. I don't think I've ever had her refuse a meal, though. Sometimes she'll be too busy to eat when we have others over, but not after they leave.

Hope Lucy's back to her old self soon!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
All of the above advice is great and you would be wise to consider it ... If your friend did feed people food, your pup may be holding out for that again. If not, the pup may be a bit overwhelmed...or just tired.
Still, I am with Sue and the others on that...I always would visit the vet if I have concerns. Best to rule out any problems and if it continues, the vet will have a good record of when it started and what you said were the circumstances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts