Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our dog guinness just constantally grabs stuff. he dosent chew it but its almost like a game to him. i heard about putting a dot of hot sauce arround his lip/toung/ mouth area and its supposed to help and make them not do it again. it just sounds so mean . it this correct info. thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Nope, doesn't work. And it might burn him, so nix that idea. It's just part of being a doodle pup I think. Cinnamon wasn't a stealer, but there are a lot on this forum that will be with you on this one!

Right Annmarie?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...Dexter is a thief too. It is getting a little better with age. It sounds silly, but we really just try to keep things out of his reach. He won't jump up on things so as long as it's above his head level it's safe.

He does the same thing - he'll steal and try to get you to chase him to get it back. We don't chase, but instead corner him (slowly and calmly) and make him drop it (we try to make it no fun for him).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we found out that my two doodles and Dexter like HOT SAUCE :shock:

so i with Becky!! hahahhaa

Peanut doesn't steal a thing, rather she TESTS its safety for us :wink: Max then consults with her on this safety issue, and WE throw it out.

I have learned to have eyes in the back of my head when possible and to teach them both the word DROP IT!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts