Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, I am a little bored today so I figured I would post a :game:, sorta!

What is your "MUST HAVE" item for your dog?
You know, your best investment, the thing that comes in handy the most!

Charlie is still a puppy so I would have to say mine is CHEW TOYS.. They save my house!

[/b]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sammys Nylabone Dinosaur is her FAVORITE chew toy. She doesnt get sick of it and loves to just go to town on the thing and since it lasts forever its not like an edible that I need to buy new ones all the time so its a VERY good deal.

She also loves just an ole T-shirt tied into knots. Its a fun toy that is virtually indestructable... you can untie it and wash it, and if she chews off a piece I cut any strings and its good to go again! She loves to toss it around and its also soft and snuggly. We used one that my fiance had been wearing so it has his scent on it.

We also just got her a new collar and I am in LOVE with it! It is a Lupine and guaranteed for life, even if the dog chews it! You just send it in and they replace it. Its SUPER strong and yeyt very colorful. It can go in the washer etc too! all for $9!!

Heres a pic!

Close up"

I also recently bought a metal comb to make sure I get any small mats out before they get big.... best grooming tool we have bought yet! and so simple.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE THAT COLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE DID YOU GET IT? The lifetime guarantee is FABULOUS! You cant beat that for 9 dollars, especially when it is pretttttttty!
I just bought Charlie one from walmart with rhinestones on it, he looks like a prissy little girl but I LOVE IT! I will have to post a picture of it! I mean hey, Hes half poodle :wink:

I bought these things called "munchy bones" for Charlie, he loves then.. but they are edible and dont last long but I give them to him whenever I will be gone for awhile to keep him busy in his crate! I just hate how he eats them so fast!!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
http://www.lupinepet.com

They have TONS of colors and they dont sell direct to consumer but theres a zipcode search to see who in your area carries them. There are also some stores online but they're more expensive.

We got Sammy the 1" wide 18"-25" long and it only BARELY fits her ont he smallest setting so she will never grow out of it! I think this is the smallest 1" one they make... so you might want to wait till Charlie gets a little bigger if you want his "grown up" collar :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They sell them at a groomer's just down the street! Oh they are beautiful! That will deffinately be an investment for Charlie in a few months!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just love the turtle, moose and splash colors! They are too boyish for Sammy (with a name like Sammy I needed to reinfirce that she is a GIRL) but any of those would be VERY handsome on Charlie!!!

Post pics when you get it!

Also, go in beforehand to make sure they have a good selection... the first place I went on the list only had one collar! So if you go in earlier and tell them the one you are interested in they can make sure they get it in.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I love how you know that chew toys save your house with Charlie! how very true.

I love those LUPINE leashes! I have 2 (poodle & doodle) who will chew their leash off if they are the least bit tied or tight. One was double thick, 1" wide and it's like it's cut by a knife! and no guarantee like Lupine :cry:

I love greenies and so do our dogs.... and LATEX toys! they don't get shredded!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Maureen... not sure, have you heard about the controversy abotu greenies lately? Apparently they are getting caught in dogs GI tracts since they arent digestable and really causing some problems. Just thought I would warn you. I know they are very popular, but I have seen several articles warning about both greenies and raw hide.

·
Registered
164 Posts
At our Wal-Mart near the check-out, every line has a box of dog and cat toys for 88 cents. And Leno's favorite toy is this weird monkey looking thing...He has so much fun with it and for 88 cents it sure has lasted a long time!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boomer has the same collar as Sammy!
I was going to use it for our other dog originally, but it stood out to much against her darker coat, so I used it on him (even though everyone now thinks he's a girl :lol:)

I've also used Lupine for years now and have had collars/leashes replaced several times. Here's a picture of Lady's butterfly collar, but I think they've discontinued the pattern.

As for "must have's" I would probably say chew toys as well...luckily we're out of the worst of the chew stage.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I would have to say my gentle leader and the greyhound comb (metal comb) :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
My "must haves" are kongs, lots of bully sticks, and the dog park passes :) I don't know what I would do without those!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our closest one is about 1 1/2 hours :(
But when i go to college ill have one in my town.. only one more year! Charlie and heidi will just have to wait..
haha

·
Registered
45 Posts
The BEST purchase I made for Reagan was an automatic light beam from
Walgreens. It's a small looking ball, and when you lift the lid - a beam of
light shines. We named it the 'FLY' -and it keeps her
busy forever! :D All we have to say is "Where's the Fly?", and she runs
for it. The name of the toy is BA-DA-BEAM, and it cost about ten dollars.
Julee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts