Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other musicians out there? Dexter was wound for sound today, rough housing with his cat brother and tearing a path in the rug with doodle 500's. First Kevin sat down for his banjo lesson, and Dex grabbed his squeakiest toys and "played along" with him. Then it was time for my dulcimer lesson. I started playing "Amazing Grace" and he came over on his doggie bed beside me and sat and watched me for a long time, then drifted off to sleep.

It could have been coincidence because he was worn out, but I like to think he has good taste in music and is a cultured little guy.

What kind of music does your doodle like?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I havent played music for Charlie yet but I will try some since he is going to a kennel for a week - good idea

I did see an article of a woman who went into a field and played a harp in a fild on their ranch for wild wolves - just to see how they would respond they layed down and listend . It was amazing.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just reminded me of kennel training. The first two nights we had Dexter, of course he cried when kenneled. We have his kennel in our bedroom. So when he started the heavy crying, Kevin was about to give up and put him in our bed, but I wanted to stand strong on the kennel thing. So Kevin breaks into a lullaby, making up the words as he goes, "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little Dexter, go to sleep, go to sleep, before daddy has a breakdown" etc. It worked!! He wouldn't sleep unless Kevin sang to him. And the whole time he's singing, I'm laughing so hard I'm biting through my lip and snorting.

So I guess we created a little music lover from the start. (If Kevin knew I told that story he'd be mortified, but I owe him for the pantsing story!)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Time for a little payback is it? Our lips are sealed. I too find myself singing to the pups. They do seem to enjoy it. They give you the wierdest lloks sometimes though.... :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
This post hits home really good, I walk around singing
DENVER DOODLE,(sung very slowly to any melody) then DENVER DOODLE, DENVER DOODLE(sung a little faster) and then DENVER THE DOODLE.(very loud and fast)
His ears perk up everytime and his tail is going a mile a minute.
The words are easy to remeber and it makes my dog feel great even if
it makes me look like the fool I can be, I love it. Other than that it is good old rock n roll from the olden days and Denver likes to get up on his hind legs and dance.(can you picture that Gene, me at 5'4 with "Colorado draped all over me)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
HAHAHA...I'm getting a visual Of you and Denver.

Jonah gets a sing/song of Jonahfus, Jonahfus, jonahfus.....I get a look, unless food is coming... :wink:

Miko gets the tune from an obscure Peter Gabrial song called Biko. She seems to like it. Sometimes I'm glad they can't talk! :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts