Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyde is the grumpiest dog I have ever seen if he is disturbed while laying down or sleeping. (He doesnt do this with humans just dogs.)

If he is laying down or sleeping and a dog lays next to him, he growls, even if the dog isnt touching him he still growls.Or if another dog or a cat walks by him while he is laying down he growls. I dont know where this behavior came from. He never bites or attacks and I know he wouldnt, its like a warning growl, and he actually ends up just growling,getting up and moving somewhere else, its almost like he is just cussing the offender out.. The dogs have never fought. My other dog Bear is still a puppy, a very big puppy, and he doesnt understand space and he doesnt understand boundries, he will just walk up to you all goofy like and plop his 70lb body on top of you like he were a 4lb dog. He does this with the dogs too, maybe he did this to Hyde one to many times while Hyde was sleeping,maybe thats why he is always grumpy when sleeping or laying down for a rest.

As long as he is up and standing he is the most friendly playful dog ever,such a goofy guy.

Its like I have a Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde....lol I guess I picked a name that suits him.

Oh I found a picture that shows perfectly what Bear does to the other dogs and us humans, "the plop"

you can see that Hyde isnt the only one of my dogs who doesnt appreciate it. :)Poor Syd was sleeping soundly before Bear came over.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
thats a great story!!! and I know this is a dog forum and all but that cat is phenomenal! she/he looks fake, what beautiful markings. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
He sounds like me!! LOL!!!!!!

Im the worse when Im sleeping, my ex-husband use to say "dont wake the sleeping dragon"...

Great pic by the way, too funny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts