Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay...i think we are confirming that a certain mouse comes out late at night and chew on my rattan furniture :roll:
HOWEVER the nights I fall asleep on the couch I think the mouse stays hidden? as Max and Peanut lie like Egyptian Sphinxes by my side on the floor.

Question: I am debating on putting out mousetraps with Peanutbutter in them and HAVE ALREADY moved furniture around so my doodles won't get their noses snapped in the trap.

Anyone else have any better ideas? Cause i know 2 years ago , seriously we had one big smart mouse that could eat the peanutbutter WITHOUT setting off the traps :shock:
(only in my house hahhahaaa)

G

·
Yuck! Put the traps next to the wall, probably in the kitchen and probably in a food cabinet and next to and behind the fridge (it's warm so they like it there). Good Luck, it will probably take a while...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You might try glue traps. I've had good success with them. Just make sure you put them where the dogs can't get to them or else :roll: you'll discover that glue is a PITA to get out of dog fur/hair... :wink:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Put the traps where you find the mouse droppings. I think the classic traps are more humane than glue traps... BOOM-BOOM, Out go the lights!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Are you sure it's a mouse and not a doodle that's chewing on your chairs? Cinnamon thought our rattan chair was tasty!

Stick a piece of sweetened cereal to the peanut butter. No joke, it works! They just can't seem to resit the cereal and they have to work a little harder to get it off the trap...BOOM!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BECKY ...this happened before , the mouse loves to chew the rattan legs and wool rug :roll:

NOTE: NO MOUSE DROPPINGS!!! which is typical when we get a mouse, part of our house is concrete block which was built over with wood.

OH those glue traps MTD......i once got one of my high heels stuck in one at work, took me about 15min to rip my shoe free from it hahhaaaaa

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Lucky the mini-pin took care of the mouse in the house last
winter when it was cold..now the inside is mice free..they seem
to be scared off my the little guy..

then, i baited the garage and got the other mouse with a glue trap..any yes, it was PIA to get the glue off Lucky s paw.. :oops:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
When we had a problem with roof rats in our back yard in CA, we put traps under overturned milk crates with a cinderblock on top. That way we didn't have to worry about larger creatures getting in to the traps. Worked great. We also didn't put them out until after the squirrels had gone to bed. :wink: Hopefully the weighted crates would be enough to keep the doodles out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts