Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
This morning was a real doozy. I was just finishing my walk with Boyd when the neighbor's dogs got out. The 6 month old puppy was all excited to play with Boyd and Prince (the 4 year old german shephard) was growling (according to his owners "he doesn't get along with other dogs"). I was trying to get them to go home so I could take Boyd back home and leave for work but no such luck. Long story short, the puppy darted across the busy road into our yard and I had to catch her and take her back across the street. Then she squirmed out of my arms b/c she saw Prince and they ran home. Meanwhile, I had to change my clothes b/c the puppy jumped all over me and I had mud on my shirt and jeans (it rained last night).

The thing with these neighbors is that their dogs are always out. They built a fence but only on three sides (they didn't put a back on it b/c they didn't want to ruin their view). They don't seem at all concerned that their dogs will get hit by a car. Also, Prince being out with absolutely no sign of his owners doesn't give me the warm fuzzies either. Especially when he's growling.

So, while they were enjoying breakfast with no clue as to where their dogs were, I was trying to get everyone in the right place and making myself late for work at the same time. These same neighbors let their 3 and 5 year old girls ride their bikes in the road with absolutely no supervision.

Thanks for letting me vent!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yup...

i Agree with Cippart,,thats tottall irresponsible!!! for the pet or the children my god,,what are these people thinking/???

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree too with Clippart...

I have these neighbors that think just because I sit outside and watch my daughter play outside that I should watch their kids too, and I dont even know these people. One of them is only 2 years old and she is out on her own all the time!!! Its to the point where Im either gonna go to their house and be nasty or report them. I cant stand irresponsible parents and dog owners. :evil:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I agree with alll the rest, LAM...Boyd and you shouldn't have to deal with that...plus, I can't believe that there aren't Fairfax Co. laws about containing dogs and "leash laws" - (I lived there!) so you have good standing to make that call. You could at least call the Co. and "ASK" what the laws or statutes are about dogs. :wink:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I bet they know since you're out there you'll watch their kids too since you couldn't stand by and let something bad happen. But there are sooooo many "What ifs"...it gives me chills to think about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys! Thanks for all the support! Yesterday Stella was returned to her house by one of my neighbors who was out on a walk with her dog. The response...... "Oh, we were so busy dealing with our child's tantrum that we didn't notice Stella ran away."

Now here's the real kicker.....they found out that Stella is part daschund so she is not going to get that big so they want to get a 100% black lab...that would make 3 dogs.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts