Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sammy got her summer cut today - she looks like a totally different dog. She feels so soft and smells so clean, but it is hard to get used to how skinny she is under all that hair!!!! I think this is 1.25 inch cut (at least that is what I asked for). It was her first real grooming and apparently she was very calm and good throughout!

For comparison -- her pre-cut curly mane:

And now:

I have to admit I like the bow, but my boyfriend made me take it off right away ("I can tell she doesn't like it. She's not a prissy dog" - yeah, whatever ;-) She likes to dress up sometimes!)

PS Sheesh, sorry the pictures are so enormous. I can't seem to resize them...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
awwwwwwwwwww I want to pick her up and hug and squeeze her
she's soooooooo adorable!!!!

I LOVE big pics :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow! Sammy is gorgeous! You're right, she looks completely different with her new cut - the groomer did a great job. I expect Sammy will feel the difference too. Since Jofi had her cut, she's been so much more active and lively and I can't get over how nice it is to be able to look at her eyes properly. Just look at Sammy's stunning eyes and expression - so cute!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone!
i LOVE being able to see her eyes - i think i will buy some of the special scissors others have written about and do that more regularly - i really think she could not see very well before.
i also love the way her feet look now - i actually looked at Jofi's grooming photos from the other day and was hoping sammy's feet would look like that!

to those who were following my other thread about her tummy issues - she seems to be doing a bit better - her stools are still softer than i'd like so we're back to the bland diet. the vet also recommended pepto bismol, which she wasn't too interested in trying (i don't blame her - it looks scary with that bright pink color!) so i ground it up and mixed it with her rice. if it doesn't get better with that, i think we'll try some medication to calm her intestines. future doodle owners should know they'll get very familiar with their dog's bowel movements! =)

G

·
She is precious!!! I love that cut!!! Try pineapple for her tummy isses. Maya has them a lot and I have noticed that pineapple works better than anything else. Maya is going through issues right now and 2 meals with pineapple added and some endosorb (doggie pepto) and she is almost back to normal!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Your groomer did a SUPER job! Sammy is so cute!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That is one CUTE dog! She looks good either way but I personally love the little bow in her hair. :D Maybe she could just wear it for special occasions. LOL!

Deb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts