Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know what your schedule is but try to put Archie on a strict watering schedule and don't leave the water down for him 24/7. I think dogs are a lot like people and tend to drink when their bored, stressed, ect, resulting in accidents inside the house. If you schedule his drinking you should be better able to schedule his potty breaks. They will always need to go 15 min or so after drinking until they are fully trained. Always ask Archie "Do you want to go potty" "Want to go pee pee" (or what ever your cute word might be) and then praise him when you get to the door even if he did not tell you that he wanted to go outside or not. You will see him react in some way when you do this, a bark, cute look or something. Sometimes this will help you know or realize what kind of signal he is giving you or will start to give you sooner or later, and will let you know what to look for when he does want out and is trying to tell you this. I don't think you should use the term "want to go outside" but always use the word potty or pee pee because the word outside can be distracting and means fun and play. Always use the same door and if their is an area you want to train him to go to use the same path to that area also. I do not think there is a perfect plan but most importantly be patient and be persistent and you will be successful. Good Luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.