Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we decided to return to the park today and let him play before we headed to training...

Who did we run into, Brutus (Bandit's brother) yet again.

These guys just get along so well, and everyone at the park was oogling about how cute they are. They were a hit!

Then we went to training and the class just before ours has 2 brothers and 2 sisters of Bandit's.
(Hard to grab a decent pic of 5 siblings, human, doodle, anything else on the face of the earth, without some major coordination!!! 8) :lol: )

So in summary, Bandit got to play with 3 brothers and 2 sisters today. I was impressed at how well he played and showed a gentle side. He is usually on quite the dominating side of the picture.

Today was a good day, and he was a rock star for training too. He learned "come", "place", and did some awesome stand/stays.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I LOVE the family reunion pictures! Isn't that great to be so close to Bandit's siblings???

Cute, cute doggies!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most amazing thing is...

Bandit and Brutus are the biggest, Brutus is ~1" taller and 5-10# heavier than Bandit. Both with the stocky lab build and poodle coat.

The other 4 have a dainty poodle build with lab coats, excepting one who has a more wavy type coat.

They are MUCH smaller than Bandit, 2-4" and 10-25# are the estimated ranges.

It was good to have them all play nicely and nobody got too rough.

His siblings are in the Basic Obedience after having gone through Puppy Kindegarten (which is what Bandit is in). In three weeks, the next course starts, Intermediate Obedience, and our trainer believes that Bandit has learned enough and expanded beyond simply Puppy Kindegarten to be able to enter that course with his siblings and excel.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Those pictures are great. They all looked so happy. I've been to that dog park before---my in-laws are in Parker it beautiful. Its what got us looking for a park in our area. Now we're hooked. Of course here in IL we don't get the mountain views.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is really amazing that you have run into so many sibs. Lucky Bandit. Bigger and smarter :wink:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think so... RE: view. One reason why we moved back here in Jan '02 from IL [Round Lake Beach area] (only away from CO for 15 months), and missed it so much. Not to mention we are four wheelin/mountain bikin/hikin people and not so much into the water activities... :D

There are a TON of doods with the same coloring as these guys... see here: http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1425

And I thought it was totally amazing to have ran across 5 of the 11 siblings in the stretch of 3.5 hours!!! 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keith...that looks like such a great and beautiful park. Sadly, we don't have any truly great dog parks around here in NJ.. :( . You and Bandit are lucky!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey Keith. we're right where you used to live in IL. My husband would move to CO in a heartbeat but we have one kid in High School and one in Junior High and I just couldn't do that to them. But with family there we'll visit a couple times a year (also have family in Canon City and Berthoud).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep in touch and let us know when you are going to be in town... Im sure we would love to hang out and let the boys play. Additionally Maureen is just down the street from me... I know she would be in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts