Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie still steals socks - at 2 1/2 years old - it's the one puppy habit she refuses to give up.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...what a cute photo.

Dex (almost 2) totally still steals them (in addition to underwear, tee shirts, occasionally the tv remote)...unless we mess up and drop something, he has zero access to socks :)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Gus likes anything that smells like us, socks, underwear, shirts, shoes, our pillows, etc.. Up stairs all door are kept closed at all times to keep things safe. its been a few weeks since his last dethreading.

·
Registered
247 Posts
cute pic!! shaia LOVES loves socks. they are strewn all up and down the hall, and you should see her bed - odd socks stuffed in one corner, like she's hoarding them. it's very cute though.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
SOCKS? what are those? we USED TO wear socks till we got doodles

now we're all walking around barefoot in my house hahhaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky has not had the opportunity to steal socks or underwear because the clean ones are in closed dresser drawers and the dirty ones are in a hamper that has a lid. I can now leave shoes out and he doesn't touch them. Sometimes he'll steal a kitchen towel that is hung on the oven door handle, but even that's rare now. He seems to know what's his to play with and what's not.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Sometimes he'll steal a kitchen towel that is hung on the oven door handle
funny - Dex leaves our kitchen towels alone but would definitely steal shoes and run around the house with them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
BAD said:
The second is a bucket we have full of corks from good bottles of wine.
how funny - shaia LOVES corks too! maybe it's the delicious napa wine! :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it sounds like doodles can be quite the thieves!

I consider myself lucky now that Sadie only goes for the socks. I guess she likes the smell, although she has been know to snatch clean ones from the laundry basket before they get put away, so it's not just the stinky smell she likes.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke steals EVERYTHING!!! I generally ignore the sock thefts, because she doesn't tear them up, and I know where she hides them - on laundry day, I just clear out her stash!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I wish Tanner liked socks...his favorite is pillowcases...whether there is a pillow in them or not. Gets to be expensive habit (King size cases = $25) vs sock at $5..... :roll:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Boyd at almost two years has mastered the art of sock stealing. I can hide them in the bottom of the laundry basket or underneath a pile of clothes and he will find them. He even took a pair out of my husband's zipped gym bag, yes, it was zipped and Boyd got the zipper open!!

What I love is once he has the sock(s) he will quietly slink away and go to his bed to chew on them. As if we don't know what he's done!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao likes many things socks the most. But she will take underwear, house slippers, stuff animals (they do look a lot like her's), and she can even take socks off my boys. She waits till they are watching tv and not watching her, she just takes a bite and runs. It is a game to her I think. :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts