Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me about when puppies start to lose their teeth. Dunkin lost his first tooth today. A little one on the bottom. Will they all start coming out like crazy or is this a slow process?

*Thanks*

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Like crazy!
Once they start, it has been my experience that they come out often.
You don't always see them. Sometimes they play with them...sometimes you find one on the floor or a sofa...but it is a natural process and doesn't cause a big problem.
It is so fun to watch the new teeth come in!

·
Registered
146 Posts
We have only seen two fall out. I am sure the rest are going, but it is pretty difficult to get a look. How long till the news one come in? The two bottom teeth are well on their way. Now, once the teeth come in do the stop chew as much? Break it to me gently.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
:lol: Sorry, Amanda, no gentle way to break this to you...no, they don't stop...it gets worse!
Dogs have to set their permenant teeth so they chew a lot after the new teeth come in. Be sure that you have lots of safe chewies on hand (safe meaning not your good stuff!)
The permenant teeth do seem to come in almost immediately when the baby teeth fall out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Amanda-
Jac is right... there's no gentle way to say it. They do chew a lot... I found that when Summer lost her teeth she really liked to chew on frozen washcloths. Take an old washcloth, soak it in water, roll it up, and stick it in the freezer for a while. I think it feels good on their poor little gums. The permanent teeth will come in right away. Good luck!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I have been using a big ice cube tray to make cubes for Dunkin to chew on. It can get a little messy when they start to melt but they keep him busy for a bit and I bet they feel good on his teeth and gums.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Two words.

CARROTS (big ones)

POTATOES (russetts)

they are cool and hard which is good for the teething sensations, although a bit messy so best utilized outdoors.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Keith, I notice you're in Parker, CO. Have you been to the awesome dog park there? My sister in law lives in Parker and we went to their park on a visit. Chester LOVED it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Chesterpal said:
Keith, I notice you're in Parker, CO. Have you been to the awesome dog park there? My sister in law lives in Parker and we went to their park on a visit. Chester LOVED it.
Dont know anythng about it... I would imagine Maureen (BTW, where IS she???) told me, but I can remember for the life of me....

Have a location/name? I will look it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice hijack... :eek:

Looks to be just east of Ponderosa High School.
Not tremendously far away, I would say 15-20 minutes, on the other side of town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts