Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Okay as the search continues.... :D we now have narrowed our search to finding a mini-labradoodle within a price range of $1000-$2000. We have found two breeders we are seriously considering-
Nine Pines Horse Farm and Kennels ( www.ninepines.net ) in Texas and Springville Labradoodles in Oregon. Has anyone had any contact with either of these two breeders? I have spoken at length with both of them and have found all my questions to be answered. The only concern I have is with Nine Pines- Dorothy has only a 1 year genetic agreement compared to two years at Springville. I asked her about it and she said she didn't realize other breeders were using 2 years and she would consider that as part of the agreement after she researched other breeders sites. I wish I could see the future! My mind feels so bogged down trying to figure out the whole generations thing and colors and coats, etc. Springville Labradoodles ( http://www.springvillelabradoodles.com ) has a beautiful red sire that has awesome colored pups. Any help with deciding which one to go with would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all your help and comments.
Kim

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not familiar with either breeder, but...

I would also suggest getting a guarantee that does not require you to return the dog if within two years they find a inherited genetic defect. There are so many great breeders that will give a 2 year health contract that will cover genetic disorders and will give a 100% refund to go towards treatment or give a replacement puppy without requiring you to return the original dog that you most likely have become very attached to.

Good luck in your search - doodles are wonderful!
Holly
http://fourpawsdoodles.com

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi, Kim, and welcome!
I have had email contact with a breeder who's having to place a male f1, and he is probably placed with a client of mine, but if that doesn't fit everyone I'll know by Saturday. And the price will be right, for sure. He's 8mos old, and very sweet-natured, but the breeder who was going to keep him is having to sell him under frustrating circumstances.

please email me if you like, on or after 3/4....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maureen,

Thanks for the information. We are unable to take a puppy or dog until this fall- the earliest. We have some travel plans this summer and don't want to leave the puppy for any length of time during the first year if we can help it. Our son starts kindergarten in the fall and we have no plans during the school year as far as long travel. We want to be able to do consistent puppy classes and training without interruption. I also know that we have to get up early for school (6am) so the mornings will be easier on us getting the puppy housebroken, etc. Please keep me informed if you have any other puppies that you know of or good breeders of the mini F1B. We want the F1B due to a better chance of less shedding! Also, have you heard of 'Less Shedding in Seattle Labradoodles?' ( http://seattlelabradoodles.com/index.html ). They will hand deliver a puppy via the airlines for the same cost of shipping! This appeals to us greatly considering we are nervous about 'shipping' a new puppy. Thanks again for your information. I have looked on the Dry Creek Kennel website and will give her a call today as well. Thanks,

Kim

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
wow, that's a nice website!
If you aren't going to be available to a new puppy maybe WE can help you afterall! :wink: I hope to try again for mini f1b's with Yankee with her next cycle, which could be in August, for Dec. deliveries. But if there's one thing I've learned it's do NOT assume I know the cycles of our girls! :roll:

I have delivered puppies to several families and as a breeder it's a BLAST to meet people at the airport! Typically I've seen my costs range around the $300-350, but I guess that's a neat concept if you live in the markets that she can fly to reasonably. I always offer delivery if someone isn't comfortable with shipping. I'm thankful that I can do that in this season of life.

Good for you on looking around now, by the way!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone,

We put in our deposit and are now in the waiting pattern till summer to see if the pregnancy happens. We went with Jan from Seattle Labradoodles ( http://seattlelabradoodles.com/index.html )
who will be breeding Rainy to Teresa's 'Armani' from ( http://www.tuscanridgelabradoodles.com/ ). These two breeders have been wonderful to work with! Jan offers a 3 year genetic health guarantee with a refund of purchase price. Thanks for all the information you have offered to me. I now have to start reading about crate training, puppy classes, and crates!! This is like having another baby!! Thanks again, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on. The pregnancy will hopefully happen in mid-late summer with our puppy ready to come to his/her forever home in Sept. (if all goes as planned :wink: ) Thanks again everyone! We are very excited!
Kim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kim-
I'm really happy for you guys!! Isn't it exciting?! Luckily you have plenty of time to plan for your puppy's arrival. But don't worry, September will be here before you know it. Congrats and feel free to ask questions!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bridget,

Thanks! When did Duke become part of the family? Recently? I can't wait to see pictures of Summer as she is growing! I'm a little nervous about the puppy stage, but hope I'll be as educated as I can by then and will be well prepared for the worse :lol: Jan and Teresa have been wonderful and I'm looking forward to having a pup from them! I'm sure the questions will start to flow as I begin the preparation stage! At least I have a few months to let this whole idea sink in :)! Thanks again! We are really excited!
Kim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kim-
Duke joined us about a week ago! He's a rehome from a breeder on this site- Lee Ann from Sleepy Hollow Kennel. He's just wonderful and the two of them are now inseparable! He's just a doll.
I'm really glad that you found a breeder that you trust. That makes the wait and the money all worth it- I'm sure you won't regret it!

Bridget

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone. The is very useful information. I will keep you posted. We are going to see an adorable labradoodle tonight that needs a new home. She is located 5 minutes from our house. She is medium size, but is crate trained, housebroken, spayed,doesn't shed, up to date on shots, doesn't bark, likes to chew Barbie dolls :lol: , she is 1 year old. Not sure if she is too big for us. We will see. Timing is a little early, but if everything falls into place, we might be able to do this. The owners have gone back to work full-time and can't take care of her. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thanks for all your advice!

Kim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maureen,

I posted on the stories about Labradoodles section. We did end up getting 'Belle'! I posted pictures there too. The topic was - Belle has a forever home! Thanks Maureen for all your help/emails, etc. Belle has been wonderful. We are learning together, but so far she has been just what we had hoped for in a rehome/rescue dog (just bigger!). Thanks again, How is your breeding going?
Kim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.