Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Jen, you may have just hit the jackpot! I wanted to breed our (std) Yankee to a miniature poodle for her last cycle and it didn't work out. Fedex didn't deliver! Thank God I found a great std. male for f1b's but I am seriously interested in buying a chocolate miniature poodle, or co-owning one for medium-to-miniature doodles. Linda is right, there is a variation in the litter on the first breeding. But I don't have any problem telling potential clients about that.

Specifically about the breeding process, like Jacque said there is a certain amount of risk of natural breeding not working, and there's an issue of the depth of penetration a miniature male can achieve after the whole platform thing is tried. So even if I had my own mini-male I would plan on AI for breeding with my Yankee.

Does this woman with the miniature poodles have a chocolate male? If you don't mind, I'd like to know more, if you wanted to share the info, but only if you are already decided about your own plans. If you want more info you can email me; I'd be glad to tell you what little bit I know about it all, from my last learning experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.