Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just found this fantastic resource and while I know it's a Labradoodle forum, am hoping some of you may be Aussiedoodle owners as well. :)

My husband and I have never had a dog before, and are considering a Mini Aussiedoodle puppy. We have two small daughters (aged 3 and 1) who are both dog lovers. Since Aussiedoodles haven't been around for long, I'm having a hard time getting any first-hand info from owners about what the dogs are like. I've researched both the Aussie Shepherd and the Poodle and realize an Aussiedoodle is a combo... but surely, sometimes the sum is more than it's parts?

In short: If you have (or know someone who has) an Aussiedoodle, I'd love to hear what the dog has been like for you, both as a puppy and as a full-grown dog. Specifically, would love to know about temperament, activity levels, how they are with children, and just all-around dispositions.

Thanks in advance,
d.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
WELCOME!!

There are plenty of aussie owners here. Don't feel as if you're in the wrong place!:grin:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
They'll be around!
I maybe should note that they're not all that different then Labradoodles or Goldendoodles.
In Australia, they are a breed and in America they are not and we like it that way.
My guess is that you will find the disposition, activity level etc to be the same.
I think they are non shedders........and they are really gorgeous too!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ours is a doll

We obtained Shadow from ocean View Labradoodles one year ago when he was 3 mos. old.
He has been an added assett to our family. He has been easy to train, came house trained, and hasnt had many accidents in the house at all.
He comes immediatelt when called but we traned him with treats to come to us.
His temp. has been even and steady. Is very calm when he has had excercise.
Is not hyper. Love his coat coloring, and his amber colored eyes.
He has been hip tested and is not a carrier of Pra , we are using him in our breeding program.
When doing your search , ask the breeders questions regarding the temp. of the parents. They do pass on their mellow genes along to the pups.
We wish you great success what ever you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts