Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mini LD is almost 4 months old. When will she be considered full grown? Also, what can I expect in coat changes? Do they blow their coat certain times of the year like other dogs?

Thanks so much for your help!

Marty

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Marty, you are right, Jorja does look like Lani. I have been tryng to post some new pictures on the site and can't get it to work. Our vet said take the weight at 4 months and double it and add 10 pounds. I checked out a puppy growth chart and the info was basically the same. Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lisa,

Thank you! Yes, I've been trying to add pictures too and have been having a lot of trouble doing it. I just figured I was doing something wrong.

Lani even has a purple color like Jorja. :) Their pictures look almost identical.

Does this formula work for the mini's too? That would put Jorja so much bigger than what the breeder expected. She weighs 14 lbs. now and isn't quit 4 months old. The breeder expected her to be around 20-25 lbs. full grown so I wonder if the mini versions are full grown a little earlier. Hmmm.

I also recently noticed that she is getting little knots in her coat. I guess that's expected with the poodle type of coat. She doesn't like me brushing them out but some things just have to be done. {sigh}

Marty

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Jorja does look like Lani they are adorable aren't they! Purple is my favorite color! My husband was amazed at how much they look alike! I can't seem to be able to get pictures to post but here is a link to costco where I up loaded some new pictures today. Lani's 4 month birthday! Have a great day. Your son and family will be in our prayers for a safe return. My sister is in southern Iraq, she is a paramedic and is working for Hailburton (sp?) running health clinics for contract workers. We hope for s safe return for all those in areas of unrest! Hope you enjoy the picts of Lani!

http://www.costcophotocenter.com/slides ... t_=3168464

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lisa,

:cry: I couldn't get the link to work for me. It says "The page you requested doesn't exist. Please go to www.costcophotocenter.com or click on the button below. Thanks!" I'd really like to see Lani's birthday pictures. Was she born on Christmas Day? Jorja was born on Dec. 31 so they are really close in age. They are adorable!

Purple is my favorite color too. Both of my dogs have purple colors and leashes. But they also wear Marine Corps bandanas most of the time. :)

God bless your daughter and the work she is doing. May she return home safely also.

Marty

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Marty, is your doodle's father a toy or a mini poodle? If she is the result of a miniature poodle, Jorja will more than likely grow to be quite larger than 20-25 lbs. Anyone wanting a small doodle should buy a pup that comes from a toy poodle, not a mini. When breeding with a miniature poodle, the puppies are more likely than not to be on the larger side. I'm sure you will love her regardless of her size :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts