Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since the sweet potato chews we've had some runny poops with both pups...got them on some pepto tablets...worked fast with her..he still need some work. They both act fine, but Miko had a few accidents in the cage, and now I believe it was her that went into her hut and pooped last night. She had an accident today, so I'm removing her blanket from inside tomorrow. Well, tonight she went into her kennel and peed! I didn't catch her, but if it was Jonah....trust me, I would have heard it!! I don't know why she did this....I feed her in her hut because of Jonah's food aggression. I didn't think they would purposely soil their eating space. I'm keeping the door closed for now...any advice??

PS: I'm also fighting the flu, so it's kinda stressing me out! :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sorry to hear you're fighting the flu Gene....get out the boiled chicken and rice, or boiled hamburger/rice....this should firm up Miko's poops in a few days.. :shock: ..also get out the hot tea, echineacha, cold-eze, chicken soup, and vicks, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest for yourself, and for heavens sake..STAY HOME FROM WORK!!!!! If your immune system is low, it's not going to help to be out in the cold around zillions of other yucky germs, and spreading this thing to your co-workers!
Your doodles will commiserate with you and keep you warm in your bed!
Feel better Gene! :D

Kathie, Raleigh & Molly

G

·
Poor Gene, take care of yourself! Could she possibly have sensed you are sick? This sounds like it might be anxiety. Were you home? Was she separated from you and Jonah for some reason? I would not be too concerned yet. I think she is feeling anxious (about something, maybe because you are sick, or a different routine?) She has been doing great, so don't be too stressed yet! Just get better!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene...she's also still adjusting. Was she crate trained before you got MIKO? I know it took my friends 3mos to get their rescue dog totally adjusted and OH they did make his crate smaller with a piece of board and it helped out. They also took out blankets too.

Bland diet for 3-5 days should help them both out. chicken is a lean meat which is easy on the system. so is venison if you know anyone that hunts.

I sent you my recipe for making homemade chicken soup. It's easy to make and almost cooks itself on the stove and you can use some of the dogs rice for your soup too.

i hope you're feeeling better soon cause now i can't tease you :cry: as i feel bad for you...get better quick ok? :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the thing that got me was she had been out 1/2 hour before, then snuck off to the hut and peed. I understand accidents when I'm gone, this one just threw me off guard.

Vanessa, I feel miserable this morning, called off work...never happens...was feeling sorry for my self...and BAM! that picture....you are something else...thanks you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Get well soon, Gene!

As for Miko, the only thing I can figure out is maybe since you've been sick, she feels the need to let Jonah know she's the alpha now? I know you feel lower than crap, but maybe she needs her routine back - crate when she would usually be. Maybe that would help? Don't know, just guessing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gene,
Hope you are feeling better soon. Lousy time of the year to be feeling badly with spring just thinking about springing.
Buffy is peeing in her crate too, but only when we are not here. I know it's gotta be an anger or anxiety thing, because she holds it fine all night. Do you take the blankets out so that if they pee pee, there is nothing to absorb it, so they have to be in it? You just leave them in there with only the plastic tray? I guess that makes sense.
Gene - maybe her "loose stool" issues are also giving her a tummy ache and she just doesn't feel well. Her change in potty habits could be a result of that?
Good luck with your flu and your doggy potty issues!
Betty

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Gene, the ol' chicken soup is good for you AND THEM! (Maybe you know of some kind hearted soul living nearby that could make some (without onions, of course) for you all.

I hope that you are soon well. Nothing worse!

Maybe you could hire someone to clean up the poops while you are not well. People do weird things for a few bucks!

Finally, maybe you are so focused on this being a result of the sweet potato chews that you are not looking further. I'd ask someone to take a sample to the vet...sounds to me like parasites, not sweet potato chews!

Be well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Gene, sorry you're not feeling well. :( The one thing that I've found to work well with runny poop (animals & humans alike) is plain or vanilla yogurt with active cultures. The active cultures are really important since that's what puts good bacteria back into the digestive system. This works like a charm and you don't have to fight pets to get them to eat it. All of ours have always been eager to gobble it up.

Good luck & feel better soon!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice! I'm feeling a little better...sleep is a wonderful thing, especially surrounded with doodle love!

Miko is firm again, Jonah on the other hand is still loose. I'll try the yogurt tomorrow, thanks Mindi.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE if he doesn't firm up soon please bring in a stool sample...thanks :)

glad to hear you are possibly improving ....hope you recoup quickly!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mindi....started him (and her) on the yogurt yesterday....today....FIRM!! And they LOVE it. You would have thought I'd given them filet mignon!!

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Mindi....started him (and her) on the yogurt yesterday....today....FIRM!! And they LOVE it. You would have thought I'd given them filet mignon!!

Thank you so much!!
Ok Gene..bear with me...who is Mindi??? somehow i am lost again. :cry:
at same time glad to her firmness is back!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MaxandMe said:
gene said:

Thank you so much!!
Ok Gene..bear with me...who is Mindi??? somehow i am lost again. :cry:
at same time glad to her firmness is back!!!
HEY BLONDIE, your roots are showing....sorry....Mindi is Echo's mommy.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hey you were here today weren't you? you were looking in my window!! yes my roots are showing!!!

I finally keep track of nickname and who's doodle is who's and finally learning who' first name goes with whose nicknames
Then ya throw a new one at me!! come on gimme a chance to keep up hahahhahaa

and YES i scrolle to previous page...and there was mindi's name
Thanks GENE :D :D :D :D :D

(sorry Mindi aka Echo)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MaxandMe said:
hey you were here today weren't you? you were looking in my window!! yes my roots are showing!!!
\
Yep, been taking lessons from Linda...with advice from Sue! :wink:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts