Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd post this as a Heads up to others who may have done business with a Puppy Mill like the ones in Guelph Ontario where I got Abby from. After being ripped off by this mother daughter con man team I was really mad. The premium breeders group being the sham that it is was of no help at all--another ripoff! My friend from Pennsylvania visited (she's a Vet) last month and she suggested I phone the number on the microchip tag to see if it had been registered. IT WAS NOT!!! I spoke with the folks at the registry about what happened to me. Their response made me think they had heard this story many times before. PLEASE PHONE THE MICROCHIP REGISTRY AND MAKE SURE YOUR BREEDER REGISTERED YOUR DOODLE. Don't risk losing your best friend...mtd

·
Registered
273 Posts
Interesting - After they microchip do the breeders have to do anything to activate it prior to the owner doing the registration?

My breeder did the micochip but sent the paperwork home with us to fill out and send in. It was a nominal fee (like $25 or less) and I paid extra to have a tag made for the collar with Home Again's number and his microchip number on it. That way if someone finds him they can call home again and give them his number off of the tag and get the contact information for us.

Heather

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I called to make sure they got my papers. So I would if I were you guys. Sad to hear about your breeder.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
When I had my 7 wk puppy check, I had all my puppies microchipped.
With their new puppy & all the paperwork, I gave each new owner paperwork for the chip and a tag with their microchip # on it. Before leaving, I informed them how important it was to send in the paperwork.
I emailed/called within a couple days to see how each puppy was doing and again reminded them.
Your breeder should have done the same.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Lucky Me said:
When I had my 7 wk puppy check, I had all my puppies microchipped.
With their new puppy & all the paperwork, I gave each new owner paperwork for the chip and a tag with their microchip # on it. Before leaving, I informed them how important it was to send in the paperwork.
I emailed/called within a couple days to see how each puppy was doing and again reminded them.
Your breeder should have done the same.
That is what my breeder did and the first time I took Denver to the vet
she verified that the microchip was there.
Denver's breeder was awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deepnite10 said:
puppy mill or not..Abby is a sweetheart.. :wink:
Yes she is!!! Today she's with Mommy at work making the folks at the wheelchair design place happy. We have been given permission for Renee to bring her to the shop to get used to all manner of wheelchair. She's now 100% on the command 'feet up' (she puts her paws in your lap and accepts petting or delivers to hand a retrieved object) in normal and wheelchairs!!! Late this month she begins the CGC course. She is still very timid when first meeting people however she now warms up quickly once she gets to know them and not feel threatened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts