Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the Michael Vick (or should I say disgusting excuse for a human) news pretty closely. Last night I had a horrible dream that he got a hold of Chester and Archie and was torturing them and laughing. I woke up in tears. It was awful.
I knew you would all understand!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Here's something DAVE sent to me the other day that makes a good point.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
my heart does not usually allow hard coldness in it but what VICK did is horrible, cruel, sick and for once i hope the justice systems serves justice.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They got extra hugs this morning!

I was raised that everyone of our actions was a reflection on our parents. So I start wondering things like "what must his mom be thinking of her son." Or, how does a group of people agree this would be an okay way to behave and to treat animals.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Apparently some clever entrepreneur is marketing Michael Vick CHEW TOYS for dogs. Hmmmmmm .... that's one I'd let Ebbe tear the stuffing out of!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have been unable to read or watch anything on this case other than the headlines. Not because of a time factor, I just get too emotional about any horrible treatment of animals. I think Vick is despicable and should be punished severely for what he's done.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Annette, give Archie and Chesters huggs from Lani and Toby. Vic is a despicable human being! A local radio station was polling people to see if they thought Vic should ever be allowed to play football again, most of those I heard said no. One stupid, man, said that Vic is such a good football player that it would be a shame to never see him play again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I guess he thinks people shouldn't be held accountable for their actions! NOT A ROLE MODEL I WOULD WANT MY KIDS WATCHING :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My hubby is a football fan and he was listening to ESPN and they have several out takes from his "career" one of those saying (as said by Vick)he has to be above reproach because of his "hero" status. Hello??? What part of dog fighting being illegal and morally wrong did he not understand?

I certainly hope no one confuses him with a real hero!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My husband is a football fan as well and he said they should hang him.
I am so upset by the cruelty that these dogs have suffered that I
am having trouble getting the mental images out of my mind.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a huge football fan. Will watch any game that's on...doesn't matter who's playing. There are a lot of players out there who start foundations to help kids and other groups who need it. They do a lot of good things for their communities. All I keep thinking of what Michael Vick could have chosen to do with his fame, notariety and money...this is what he chose to do instead.
I know those dogs couldn't have been pets to anyone but they didn't deserve to be tortured.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My co-worker just found a video clip on CNN about an animal shelter in Georgia that is taking donations of Vick jerseys--they are using them as bedding in the kennels, as chew toys and to wipe up dog messes. Very clever and fitting.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I heard on the news today that Vicks had been spouting off about how much he "loves dogs". Who is going to believe that? No one who has an ounce of compassion would put an animal into a situation like that and call it "sport".

Ronnie, I think that's a very fitting way to use those jerseys. Who would want to be seen wearing one now? The dogs might as well get some good out of them.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Heard this morning on the news that Vick is NOT pleading guilty in the plea bargain to dog fighting or to killing dogs. This is so he can play football.

How fair is that? I think any team that would let him play should be boycotted - including all team jerseys and marketed material. I don't care what team it would be. Vick's jerseys are already worthless on Ebay. Fell from $75 to $10 in one day. :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Vick Punishment

I sincerely hope Vick's playing days are over. His punishment should be to the Max. His reputaion has been smeared beyond repair.....I hope. Too many times atheletes these days are forgiven eventually because the are talented and put fannies in the seats. I hope this is not the case here. Put in in jail as long as possible so his skills deteriorate as much as his reputation. Bye bye Mikie!! Hope the the bite in you wallet is as big as the the dogs you bet on and that prison turns you to realize that you are no better than the lowlife that you are living with.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
DH and I were shopping yesterday and ended up at Walmart (I hate this store) but we were trying to find a reasonable bed for Tanner and Costco was out of theirs.

Anyway, there was the cutest baby in the cart in front of us, probably 1 yr and her big sister probably 10....Mom was still looking at stuff. When Mom does show up....SHE WAS WEARING A VICK JERSEY!

I wanted very badly to say something to her but because

1. Bad part of town to confront soneone in

2. Her daughter (the older one) would have been embarassed

3. DH wouldn't let me............. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I know this isn't a dog friendly place but really :!: :!: :!:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts