Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky just joined our family today. He and Charlie have instantly become best friends. He is a real sweetie. Here's our first pics:

Deb

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Deb ... That's a very cute doodle you're fostering .... coordinates beautifully with Charlie .... might there be two doodles in your future?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OOOOOOH! He is gorgeous!! Do I sense a permanent home??
My dogsitter I had for Casey asked me to rescue a beautiful doodle in Ohio for her until she bought her house. I was afraid to do it because I felt I could never give the dog up!! Well....that was solved....Smiley was adopted and saved on his last day. Thank God! These dogs......any dogs.......are too precious to be put down! I hope this little guy finds a home with you or someone.........You're so special to take him in!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone, for the welcome and good wishes. Poor Lucky is worn out tonight. He ended up in the "system" because his leg was broken and his owners couldn't afford vet care. He is supposedly healed but I can tell that leg is much weaker and he is limping tonight. I guess a full afternoon of play has been a bit much for him.

We're looking forward to having him for a few weeks but he won't be a permanent member of the family. Still, we'll enjoy him while we can. He's 8 months old, sweet tempered, affectionate but untrained. He's available through IDOG.

lindamarie, we almost had Smiley here! He was scheduled to be transported to us and then, luckily, he got adopted. He was sure a cutie and I wasn't a bit surprised that he found a home.

Deb

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Deb ... Didn't mean to be flip .... what you are doing is something I couldn't .... it is a great and generous thing ... God bless you. :D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mary, No offense taken at all! I have to keep telling myself that he is a foster dog. And I agree that he and Charlie make a nice pair. :D They can enjoy each other while it lasts. Right now I'm a bit jealous. Usually Charlie follows ME around the house! LOL!

Deb

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi Deb
I have to thank you again for tolerating what should have been a very easy transport and switch. You are just a doll, and Lucky will find a wonderful perfect home. Thank you so much. I had told my firend what a doll you were for driving further. I felt like I was never getting home.
Shannon

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shannon, It was quite a day, wasn't it? It was all worth it when we got him home. :D

I hope your weekend is somewhat peaceful. :wink:

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Deb...isnt' fostering neat? I love it and admire you for helping out as well as Shannon too!!! great work you two!!!!

Lucky is so sweet looking ....the pics are great. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're beginning our second full day. I'm still waiting for them to settle down. Lucky seems to love all the toys. Charlie just wants to bait Lucky and get him to wrestle and chase him. Wrestling and chasing is not good in the house. For some odd reason they remind me of my two youngest sons. They could never leave each other alone and somebody always had broken glasses but they were always best friends.

We're headed out for a morning walk soon. Unfortunately, we have alot of ice. It's going to be tricky walking a dog that pulls.

More pictures later...

Deb

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Things are quiet now and its scary. My doodles are worn out!

Here's a couple of new pics. For some reason my camera flash is a bit wacky so I'm having trouble with the brightness.

Deb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts