Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I just wanted to give an update....Maya is still having issues with her food and soft stools however if I give her pumpkin with her evening meal every night her stools are a lot better. I took her to the vet today to board for a couple days and I asked if they could put her on a scale to see if she lost any weight. Well to my big suprise the porker gained 10 pounds from the last time she was in (Sept 7). So I am less worried about her soft stools and so is the vet. She said that she has known a couple puppies and kittens that had issues with the puppy/kitten food and then when switched to adult all is fine. Hopefully that is the case for Maya. Anyway she is 5 mos and 40 lbs!!! I am so relieved!!!

And thanks for all the advise....esp you Annmarie for sharing Max's diet with me!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Heather that is great news - 10 more pounds ! and the pumpkin is helping, that is super

another item that can help control soft stools is carob, you could get some carob powder (not drink mix) at health food store and add that into the pumkin before adding to her food

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow, congratulations, sounds like you almost have it under control!
I am glad that Maya is putting on weight...that is a very healthy sign! She's getting to be a big girl!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts