Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am so happy to say that Pepper, one of my puppies from Bayley/Chase, has been selected as one of 4 other dogs from the Guide Dogs of America to represent GDA at their major fund-raising event...a golf tournament in Las Vegas!
They usually select only dogs over one year old, but Pepper is just 6 months...but her trainer is so great (I give her the credit, for sure...but she gives it to Pepper 8) )
Pep doesn't react to distractions at all...and she is very well trained already! She is very mellow and sweet. I couldn't be more pleased!
Here she is (The first 3 pics are how she looks now, with her hair cut and the last pic is what she looks like naturally...she looks just like Nitos!)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What a wonderful accomplishment for Pepper :) I know you are so proud and rightly so :!: Pepper is just gorgeous :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us. Go Pepper :!:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, for indulging me in this moment of extreme pride...and for sharing my joy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh my gosh she is so adorable! Congratulations to you and to Pepper! What an honor!

Okay, now for a "stupid newbie" question: If I wanted to get my doodle groomed like Pepper is in the first three photos...what would I ask for? I like how she is longer on the body, but shorter around the mouth and eyes.

Again, congrats!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again you guys...you are so kind!

Michelle, I'd just take a picture in to show them how to clip your doodle...most groomers kind of do their own thing anyway...but if you have a picture, they get a better idea of what you want. It's always a gamble!
:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jac said:
Michelle, I'd just take a picture in to show them how to clip your doodle...most groomers kind of do their own thing anyway...but if you have a picture, they get a better idea of what you want. It's always a gamble!
:D
A gamble is right! When we picked up Bud we almost didn't recognize him. :shock: The foster took him to be groomed a few days before and the groomer shaved him down...his beautiful wavy coat is gone. :cry:

Of course, we still think his is the prettiest, but I will be so HAPPY when his coat fills out again.

Actually, I was happy to see how much his foster cared and how well she took care of him while we were waiting to get him. So it was really sweet that she had him groomed.

Pepper just has the most beautiful coat. I love it!!! No wonder she was chosen!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts