Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next romp is Sunday, May 21st, 10:00 AM

The place: Lakewood dog park in Wauconda (part of Lake County Forest Preserve), located on Fairfield Road, just north of 176. Here's a map- just type in your address!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... &2pl=&cat=

Here is Lake County Forest Preserve's web site, which has a detailed map of the park and more information.
http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index.cf ... 201&type=P

Everyone is welcome- doodles, honorary doodles, doodle families, future doodle families, etc.

Now for the not so fun part... the park does charge, but the convenient thing is that there is a self serve kiosk in the parking lot to buy daily permits for the park, and you can also buy them online. Daily permits for Lake county resident- $5 per dog. Out of county residents is $10 per dog. Exact cash or check is required, and you will get a permit to put in your car's visor. Permits are also available online here:
http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index.cf ... ect_id=130

Remember: Your dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations, and flea & tick and heartworm preventative.
Dogs must be leashed until you get into the fenced-in dog exercise area. Please close the gate behind you.
We also recommend you bring water for your dog because there will be a lot of running around!

The park is fully fenced and very big! We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please e-mail me (Bridget) at [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chicago May Doodle Romp

We'll be there with Ripley (6 mos chocolate F1)! This will let her get in some quality romping before her spay in a few weeks. Thanks for organizing.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We had a blast today! Lani is one pooped doodle! It was great to meet the new doodles and their people and see the ones from last month. here is the link to the photos.

http://rundell.shutterfly.com

One pooped doodle and Dad

Lani and Ripley

Doodles galore!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Chester was wiped out when we got home. Then all the sudden he had this crazed, psycho energy...then flopped down again.
Its funny to hear the other people at the park---the non-Doodle owners asking questions.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lisa, thanks for posting those pics! Duke and Summer had a great time- especially running through that big mud puddle in the middle of the park! They slept all day yesterday, but they are ready to do it all over again today! Thank you all for coming!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great time!

We had a great time at the romp last Sunday, although I think I spent most of my time chasing down Ripley who seems to have forgotten "come Ripley" (the teen years, sigh). I'm still fiddling with uploading images and should be able to get a few up (have a couple of good "doods running" pics). I still can't get over what a great park that was - we're definitely making the trip out again. And like the rest, it made for a good and tired dood for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
164 Posts
WOW...great pics.....seems like you all had a blast!! that's really nice you get to go to something like that...makes me jealous, we dont get stuff like that around here! :(

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
What a great romp!! Congratulations!

I just love to hear about doodle romps and especially see pictures! Looks like a lovely park and it sounds (from the stories of exhausted doods) like it was a huge success!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Image posting test

Let's give this picture posting stuff a whirl. Hopefully, below are 2 pics from last Sunday's Chicago doodle romp. I need to work on panning while shooting to capture the fast action!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Lisa- The next romp will probably be at the same location. I am thinking Saturday, June 17th (my boyfriend will be in Vegas!) or the 24th. During the summer, one of our obedience classes is on saturday mornings, so I won't be able to be there until 11 am. Unless you guys would rather do a Sunday morning? Shannon, Lisa, taylor999, Chesterpal? Please let me know what you guys think, otherwise I'll just pick a day and hope somebody shows up :D

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chicago romp

We're also flexible with dates and can make either weekend.

I took Ripley to the Montrose Beach dog park in Chicago a few days ago. Big off-leash park right on Lake Michigan on a huge stretch of beach. It was her first time in the "big water" - she just loved it. Although the park isn't completely fenced off (there's a 10-15 gap right now between the end of the fence and the water's edge), all of the dogs played together and no one strayed. I was good with my dog flight anxiety for about 25 minutes before I got nervous which was enough time to wear Ripley out.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Next time you and Ripley decide to go to the Montrose Dog Park let us know and maybe we can meet you there, I think Lani would love it. I understand the axniety very well. Lani plays with a friends dog and their yard is not fenced, she has run out a couple of times in the past. Where do you live? Maybe we could meet at a dog park somewhere between us this summer, that would be fun. :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would be great to meet up with the doods. I live in Chicago (Logan Square) and can get anywhere. I don't know much about the dog parks outside the city (other than Wauconda) but let me know if there's a good one in the burbs between us.

I just remembered Ripley's spay is this Friday so she may not be in contention for a Wauconda romp on the 17th. How long does it generally take for a dog to be up and actively playing after a spay?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts