Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Annmarie,

I was just thining about how you were going to have your first training class for Max...how was it?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG you really want to know? hahhahaha

here click on this LINK
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/view ... 5838#35838 but remember to view both pages hahhahaha

it was a nightmare hhahaha to say the least but i have a sense of humor thank heavens....seems others here would like weekly posts for their dose of laughter!!

And i am working Hard with Max this week on training so MAYBE he won't embarrass me?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
How is the training going now that you've worked at it a few days? Is Peanut picking up on it as well?

Good luck on Monday!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max is doing quite well ...question is will he at class with 12 other dogs there with distractions? Max did a 1/2 lie down and was fine till 28 min later he whined to go potty hahahha YEAH we let him.

i will say earlier in the week he fought me once as he hated the lead collar but i hung in there and wouldnt' take NO for an answer nor let him jump 5ft in the air either hahahha i kinda dragged him to me hahaha told him how good he was hahahha and from then on we did great.

OH big thing he's retrained now to do things on my LEFT side but i must say he trains MUCH better WITHOUT TREATS as he loves getting praise and a hug. So i am going to train without treats. :D

Peanut is "ME TOO" dog hahhaha so i started training her and so far she's doing really well now.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHA...i don't knpw how i missed all that! Dexter is in his 2nd class and he's too much. Sometimes he pays NO attention and is off in la la land the whole time. Last time he was a star student. He actually graduates from his "advanced class" (hopefully) on sunday. Our biggest problem is that he doesn't want to do anything if a treat isn't involved...hopefully that will get better as he gets older.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK just thought i'd FOREWARN y'all that Max has class tonight and last week class was cancelled due to bad weather and DAVE's birthday was the same night as make up ....so we missed out hahahha

should be interesting tonight!!! i'll post the GREAT class we have tonight hahhahahhahaa YES i am being OPTIMISITC hahahhaha ihave to! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG ...you're all gonna be sooooooo bummed out!!!!

Max had class 3 of training tonight as we missed last week's makeup class due to weather.

Anyway, we arrived 25 min early making Max just SIT ...finally when class started Max was GOOD :shock: :shock: :shock: in fact most of the class he did commands WITHOUT TREATS :shock: , laid down several times IGNORING other dogs :shock: and EVERYONE there including the trainers were shocked how attentive, well behaved he was !!!
The trainers asked how much i work with him and said they wish others were as good as me and max doing training homework hahahhaha :D :D

they even used him at one time to show some training :shock:
Max about 3/4 thru the class wanted to go home :wink: tried to jump but this time i was ready for him and anyway I WON and he lost. we finished class peacefully and without exorcist jumps

I must say I LOVED it when OTHER People had to apologize to ME tonight for their dog hahhahahahaa trying to jump on max and/or distract him
DAVE's eyes were as big as dinner plates watching Max do so well and behave too!!!! WOWIE!!!

Sooo the only laugh i can give you is this: one trainer ALMOST GAVE him some hotdogs and then remembered last week's SBD's hahahhaa!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
YAY MAX!!

See, he knows what to do....when he doesn't, I think he just likes messin' with you.....

Good boy!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Sessa...TELL them MIJA is on a special DIET!! All the trainers will NOT give Max any treats UNLESS it's mine that i hand them. In fact at one point the trainer decided to test what i said :" Max trains better without treats"
anyway she did a once through with and then said OK Max show the class how you do this WITHOUT them now ...and he did!!! :D

LYNN...of course Max was messin with me!! these dogs are smart! and also knwo how to push our buttons
Reminds me of kids who try to act up in front of company or when out ..me I would chastise my kid right then and there hahahhaha i didn't let them get away with it.

Max hahhaha he was ready at one point and tried his best and finally I asked the trainer for help. HEll isn't this what i paid for? if i am struggling, show me since i wasn't doing somthing right. She did and things went much better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts