1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am heading to level 1 obedience training with Max in about 5min
this should be INTERESTING AS he's 18mos old hahahaa
we're doing a refresher since he never finished last year

he's predicted to be the oldest by twice their age and at least 2 to 3 times their size. i already imagine the LOOKS :shock: and laughter

will post in 1,.5hours........wish us luck Max behaves!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Maybe you'll get a Newfie or Dane in your class? I bet older rescue dogs could be there too. Not too worry! Max will enjoy showing off. :)

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ...the puppies in this class are TINY!! hahah so we're going to put MAX in the Saturday morning class and put Beau in the wed night puppy class

Max by the way gave me a Nasty rope burn across 2 fingers when someone came late to class with a cute puppy and stood right next to us :roll:
Max got an instant PERM when he saw all these TINY puppies hahahaa
I was sooooooo embarrassed to walk in with a 73lb , 18mos old Labradoodle full of too much energy hahahhaaaa

anyway they did use Max for the heel walking thing...he'll do anything for a hot dog hahhahaa

at least Max didn't have SBD's this time or do 6ft high jumps and 360s midair hahhaaa
BUT OMG Max acted like he had NO Training what-so-ever!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DEB there is a goregous fawn with roan color Great DANE puppy
Beau will fit in much better with this class ahahhahaaa

Sat's class has some older bigger puppies that MAX can't eat :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Don't ya just love it when your dog makes you look
like you never trained him to do nothing......................
Bahahahhahaa
Funny story Annmarie, and Max we know you were just being goofy.
My hubby was walking Denver(aka Mr. Perfect) the other morning
and Denver decided to chase a little puppy and then to just bark and bark
so hubby decided to chase Denver and try to get him to stop misbehaving.
Finally hubby remembered what I had told him and yelled bye bye Denver and of course Denver came running and left puppy alone.
bahahahhaahaha wish I had pictures..........

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You know... it is way too much stimulation to be in a roomful of dogs. That just makes obedience class so hard. At Charlie's class the dogs are not supposed to greet each other or play. Well, he knew two of the pups from our neighborhood and was used to playing with them. You can imagine the chaos.

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing Max do 6ft jumps and 360s midair. :D

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
know what? the trainers say the same thing...walk/run the other way and say BYE if you have to hahahaa HAVE teh dog Chase YOU!!!

after class they had a special session for NIPPING and/or very mouthy puppies hahahaaa
LUCKILY i didnt' have to stay for that one hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

and DEB , in a way i miss those midair 360's at 6ft high in class
as it keeps up the "labradoodle" image quite well :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
LOL annmarie.......visions of Marley when he saw the puppies??? OMG! I'm looking forward to seeing what the Bogart will be like....... :roll:

anyway they did use Max for the heel walking thing...
YAY MAX!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hahaha :) I am picturing the looks on the little puppies faces when they saw big Max :)

I am seriously looking for a manners class for Dexter. He really remembers everything from his classes (we've been doing refreshers laterly), but his manners are just terrible. Our puppy and intermediate classes would take a 5-10 minute play break and I think it really helped the dogs to get their excitement out (Dex had his little golden retriever girlfriend he loved to wrestle with).

We're stil trying to figure out what to do with Kirby. I really want him to take a group class, but Petsmart would be WAAY too overstimulating for him so I'm still searching - may have to wait for spring for outdoor classes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wish i could find an older puppy/dog class and
debate if i should switch Peanut into Max's class and continue training max at home?

G

·
This worked for Maya. I would take her to the dog park for about an hour before class. Let her run around and play. Then it was off to class. Yes it was cheating a little bit but she was the best behaved dog in the class. If I couldn't get to the park before class she had a hard time paying attention and doing what she was supposed to.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Living in a rural area, our options are limited. We have only one obedience class offered in our county per year. It's put on by those who work with the 4-H dog projects, so was originally for kids until some adults expressed an interest. Now the class is held in spring outdoors in a city park and they usually have about 40 dogs on the first night.

My youngest took her rottweiller pup several years ago and we just sat and laughed most of the time while watching. He was a wonderful dog, but very stubborn. He would sometimes decide half way through that he'd had enough and needed a nap, so would lay down and refuse to get back up. He was probably 50 lbs at the time, so when he'd lay flat on his tummy with his back legs splayed out behind him he was nearly impossible to move. Other dogs and owners would have to walk around him while he took his break...

It's fun to watch a class... maybe I will go again this spring just for the giggles.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK i did my BEST to convince the owner and main trainer this morning to let me just train MAX at home and have PEANUT train instead hahhahhaaaa
they said WHAT? NO WAY...Max finishes training and that all the other puppies will grow bigger, Max is NOT aggressive NOR did he inhale or eat any of them hahhahaaa and that he was just EXCITED last week :roll:
sooooooooo DAVE drove BACK home , got Beau in time for class and peanut sat on the sidelines watching for over an hour
she never moved, whined...just sat like a princess :shock:

OH I did a half hour lay down with all 3 doodles last night
OMG all 3 were great, never played , but 30min later when i gave them all their release
looked like a rodeo!! hahhaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts