Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie has been enjoying a lot of swimming this summer. The problem is that her undercoat becomes extremely matted after she swims. Has anyone discovered a brush that will pull apart the mats? Other than shaving her right down, I don't know how to remove the mats.

G

·
Hi Jannie!
I bought a brush I had read alot of great things about. Bella is just a young puppy and never had a mat, so I really was wondering why everyone thought this brush was so great. Then I discovered a spot that I must have been missing when I brushed her: (under her chin). She had a small mat starting. Well, this brush (called the Emergency Matzapper)just zipped right thru it! I was very impressed. It is made by Les Poochs, is very expensive, and their website states that it will be sold to professional groomers only. http://www.lespoochs.com/brush-matz.asp
I found mine on eBay from this seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Les-Poochs-Mat-Zapp ... dZViewItem
I don't know the seller and have no stock in Les Poochs, I just think this brush is terrific. :D
Linda

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Dito...Les Poches...expensive, but so well worth the cost! (Sometimes breeders or owners can go in together and it is much cheaper if you buy a bunch!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
It must be the lab in them because both my doods loooove to play in the water. Thanks for the info about the Matzapper - Frenchie gets the beginnings of mats under her chin, too.

G

·

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've also had a lot of trouble with matting recently. Maya is 6 months old and is loving the water but is getting matted a lot. I discovered a detangler spray for dogs called Grooming Spray for Dogs by Crazy Pet and it works (the problem is getting her to sit and let me detangle!)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all

Been a while since I've been on the forum.

I tried out the Les Pooches brush today on Sadie's matted coat. It does work to some extent, but for serious mats the only answer seems to be to cut them out. I haven't tried the detangler solution yet, but will try that as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts