Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Beautiful watercolor! The purple matting is a little overpowering to me. Maybe a softer shade or go with the green from the foliage? I like the frame. LOL you're going to get a variety of opinions! :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could get a picture without all the glare, maybe will get a better one tomorrow

the frame is a soft brushed pewtery silver metal frame

I might try some greens, had not thought about using greens

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I have to agree with Meg. I love the frame but I would go for a soft green mat. I think the purple overpowers the pansies...

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
WEll if the frame is pewtery silver that's good..........it looked kind of goldie to me.
The mat..........maybe you could pick up some sagey kind of green?
But to be honest....it looks great! Good job!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I was gonna try and get a better pic, take one outside today, no flash or glare but the day got away from me and it's dark already :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I love the matt and the frame but they cause your eye to go to them first instead of the Beautiful pic

I wonder if you still kept the matt but used a softer toned or wooden frame if the watercolor pic you painted would stand out more

I love that watercolor painting Mary :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks - since I love purple so much, I have decided to keep it as is, I just wish I could get a better picture of it, in real life it is perfect, pulls the colors out of the pansies so nicely, but since I am close up camera challenged I dont think a better picture is on the horizon :shock:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Your picture looks beautiful on my computer monitor. I am glad you decided to keep it the way it is. I love that shade of purple too.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mary, that's gorgeous! I love the pansies!
The mat does compliment the painting nicely. I think what throws it off is the taupe blanket behind it. Get it up on a sage green or lavender wall and it would be breathtaking!

Well done as usual!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts