Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night went well, no whining in the crate, nor did he wake me up to go out, and had a dry crate in the morning :D I am hoping that it wasn't just beginners luck.

I am feeding him 3x a day and he didn't each much of his lunch. How many times a day did you feed your doodle when it was 8 weeks old? Did they ever just pick at one of their meals?

After many tries I finally got a cute picture!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
omg he looks so soft! What a handsome dood! I can't wait to watch him grow :)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhh he is adorable!!!
At that age we were feeding Denver 4 times a day
and he never picked at any meals, rather he always looked for more.

·
Registered
462 Posts
*sigh* he's so handsome! The BF is contemplating us getting the puppy later now, not until Jan.... I think I might die from the wait! But all good things come in time.... Congrats on your new puppy, and good luck tonight! I hope tonight is as quiet and as "successful" as last night!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dante has never looked at food as a high priority. At that age we were feeding four times a day and he would really only eat two good meals out of the four. He was too skinny at his 12 week vet visit so I added some more enticing things to his food - cooked sweet potato, yogurt, a bit of canned food, etc. That didn't really help all that much. Now at almost 7 months we feed him 2 times a day and he never finishes all of either meal. I can always tell when he is growing as he will actual eat more of his food.

We have tried everything from leaving his food down for only 15-20 minutes to leaving it out all the time so he can graze. I did find the location of the food dish to be rather important as he would rather be with a family member than eat if he had to choose. So we keep his food dish within visual range of both the kitchen and family room.

The vet is happy with his weight so I don't sweat it - He won't ever have a problem with being overweight!

Heather

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh, Matey is soooo cute! Makes me want another one! No way will my husband allow it, but I can wish, right?! :)
Jenny

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Jenny,

I will hope and wish with you.....I want another one, too.
8)

Now, Matey is such a doll!! He is gorgeous. I am jealous!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Matey is too cute and I think you need to give him to me :wink:

both Max and peanut went thru stages of picking at their food from time to time.

Sue you were raising a horsadoodle of course Denver always wanted food hahahhaaa

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Matey just keeps getting cuter with each picture, if that is possible :) I feed 3 meals daily until they are around 5 mos of age and then feed twice a day.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Matey has the sweetest face Annie! Sounds like he's settling in very nicely...when Raleigh was little, he would leave some of the food in his dish, especially when we were feeding him 3x a day...he was more interested in palying with his big sister Molly! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts