Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marley did fine today in his neutering procedure. Still very sluggish and a little whining. But dinner time came and he got up and took his pill and ate without any problem. Eating has never been a problem for him. He seems to get a little more himself as more time goes by.

His missing testicle was found with just the one incision, which took care of the other one as well. We were quite happy to hear that. No extra surgery, digging and for that matter no extra $$$$$$. Yeah Marley!!

She did inform me that Marley does have a swollen lymph node on the back of his leg, near the knee. She plans on looking at it again next week as it just may be an infection of some type that is working its way out now. We will watch it and revisit it soon when we go in next to check him for that and his incision. The sutures are actually somewhat below the skin and not visible, Not sure how that is done, but it is clean and tight and she says the dogs are much less likely to lick or pull at them.

We are looking forward to watching some movies and football as Marley works on his R&R, with our help and love. Have a great weekend all!!

G

·
Way to go Marley!!! I'm glad you are ok. Make sure you listen to Mom and Dad and stay quiet. I haven't been too good at staying quietand Mom keeps yelling at me. Make sure you whine and whimper a bit too even though it doesn't hurt that much....it will make Mom and Dad give you more hugs and kisses and maybe treats and toys.

Your friend
Maya

Greg I'm glad he made it through ok. Good Luck keeping him quiet I haven't been very successful with my lil turkey!!!

Heather

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
So glad to hear Marley and You did ok today - gosh dropping them off and leaving is soo hard

Marley looks quite comfy and I know he will get lots of love and attention and surley a few new toys :lol:

hugs and smoochies from Annabelle

Maya take it easy sweetie ! :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks for letting us know Marley is now home and doing well :D :D :D

and keep us posted about the lump

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hi Marley lil buddy! Hope you're back on your feet and running and playing in record time!...be good for your Dad, and remember...NO LICKIN'!!! :shock: (If ya don't lick, ya just might get some new toys!!! :wink:

Your pals,
Raleigh & Molly! :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hi ya Marley
Glad it is all over...........
Do not forget the sad face, it is very important to
constantly do the sad face. You get treats and toys
and everything.

Rest up buddy

Denver

·
Registered
459 Posts
Rest up, Marley. Looks like you are all worn out. Hope you are up and chasin' leaves soon.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes. Marley continues to do well. We went for a couple of short walks today. He was and is ready to do more, but we will keep him limited in that area. We went at times where no one was around, as far as his dog friends. Once at about 5 am, and then during the Packer game. Everbody indoors then.

He still wants to lick everthing down there. But he has backed off we tell him to. He has been great. I think the shaved area is more irritating to him than the actual incision. Who knows. We tried boxer shorts the first day. Old pair of mine and they seemd ok but were too big. Kathy bought a pair of kids boxers but those seemed a little small and he really did not move around too much in them. Which might be an idea when we have to leave him alone. We crate him when we are not home. We have our neighbor, who is a dog lover, owning two Golden retrievers, who will be checking in on him. She is also a dog trainer so we are very comfortable with her caring for Marley.

It has definitely been a lazy weekend for us. Something unusual for us since we have had him. Felt good but we are looking forward to playing around with our little buddy soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts