Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is the promised picture pf Madge after I shaved her last week.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

My boys thought for sure I had the wrong dog. If I hadn't done the job myself, I would think the same thing.

Leslie

·
Registered
100 Posts
WOW! Fantastic job...

It is amazing how much the new styles can make them look like completely different dogs. LOL!

·
Registered
670 Posts
You did a great job on Madge!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you did a really nice job!!!!Madge looks so cute :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I think she is so pretty now...I went to a self-service dog grooming place and used their sheers and stuff. She was SO matted that I couldn't even think of putting a comb through her. I just started at the neck and worked my way down. She didn't love it, but she tolerated it. It is nice there because they have the fancy grooming table with the straps that go around her backside to keep her from sitting down, and the table raises and lowers so my back was happy. I had to get help from the attendant to shave her face. She (Madge) really didn't want me to do that. Then I just popped her in the fancy dog tub and gave her a good washing. Lots of hair on that floor I'll tell ya. I wish I would've taken my camera. Too bads they don't have 'locks of love' for dogs.... :lol:

Anyway, I have vowed to brush her everyday. She does not like to be brushed, however and it is always a challenge to get her to remian still long enough. My thought is that if I brush her daily she will get used to it and I can MAYBE keep future matts at bay.

Leslie

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yea, this is great. They have all the tools you need including nail clippers and ear powder, fancy tables, tubs, shampoo even high volume blow dryers. AND THEY CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS!!! I used to pay about $65 to have Madge just shampooed and 'trimmed' . I paid $25 to do it myself. It was kind of a nice bonding time for us. I also think it is good for her to see me in that role so she knows she needs to behave herself while I am washing her.

They charge 10$ just to use the tubs, if you want to use the tools it is more.

It would be a cheap (relatively) business startup and then virtually no overhead. Water bill, attendant (preferrably a groomer to help those like me who know nothing).

I'm taking Calvin today to give him a good brushing, he is shedding like crazy right now. Maybe a trim and then a good bath. I'll take pics this time.

Leslie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts