Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By waiting around too long, the young rescue dogs I had been interested in were adopted (yay for them!). After much discussion and some emails back and forth with a wonderful local breeder, I am now on the waiting list for a spring collie puppy! By then the back yard will be fenced and our home will have the pitter patter of little paws again. The breeder said "Faith" the momma will come in heat in February and I will get to choose from the resulting litter.

I am oh so excited! This way I won't have to deal with winter weather and bored indoor doggies. And by spring I will look forward to my new baby!

Don't know if I'll get a girl or boy, undecided as yet. But you all better be thinking of puppy names. You have plenty of time to come up with some great ones.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Something to look forward to! Hurrah and Congratulations!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great news and congratulations. But the anticipation of waiting that long--Oh I couldn't do it. It will all be worth it. We double the doodle pleasure since our new puppy came.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Congrats on your decision!!!! Spring will be here before you know it, and Dex will have a new playmate!!! :wink:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Diane! I think we'll keep "Lassie" on the back burner for now. But you get an "E" for effort for responding so quickly.

My collies when I was a kid were named Skipper and Sparky. I've never really been one to reuse a name, except for Mr. Muffin the cat. But if I get a white, sable headed male, he might just end up being Skipper II. Skipper was hands down the sweetest dog I have ever known.

Keep your thinking caps on, and thanks for the warm wishes. Spring seems soooooooooo far away. I know it will fly by, but darnit I can't wait!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
alright, Dexter will have a new playmate soon :D :D :D :D

CONGRATS!!! I love having 2 dogs and so will you 8)
NOW will you be able to wait patiently then again you can pour over tons of names in the meantime

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
the kids have given their 2 dogs and Annabelle Indian names

Macy is Gimpy Leg (has a gimpy leg)
Emma is White bull (white and definitely like a bull in a china shop)
Annabelle is Lizard Tongue (self explanatory)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Although this is not a name I'd use. Recently we have wondering if we should not have named Frankie HOW--Hell On Wheels. My son says you mean HOP---Hell On Paws. He does his vervion of the doodle 500 already.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have fun picking a name for the new pup!

Nicky became my doodle on Dec. 17, 2006. I named him Nicky for two reasons. First, my grandson played with the puppies in the litter when he visited at Thanksgiving and he called the one he held "Snickers" because of his chocolate color. That's the puppy I picked. Second, since it was so close to Christmas when I got him, I thought of St. Nick. So "Snickers" shortened and a version of Santa's name became "Nicky." Also, he was a gift!

Sometimes I think I should have called him "Shadow" because he follows me around all the time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts