Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Manchego has a golf ball sized jello-like lump on his front elbow joint. I noticed it because he was trying to scratch it with is his back leg. When I touch it he doesn't whine or growl or even seem to notice so he's not in pain. He is still running and jumping and playing.

I have an appointment at the vet tomorrow. They said he could keep up with his regular activity but that was all they said. I'm sure they will just drain it and all will be fine but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and might help me figure out what it is.

Thank you!
Sarah

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Aww Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that, but am sooo glad you are taking him to Vet in am - please post when you find out what it is

prayers and puppy hugs
Mary & Annabelle

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mary,

I will keep post the results when we get back from the vet.

have a good night,
S

·
Registered
235 Posts
Report... how is your doodle?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Good luck, Sam and i are thinging of you Manchego!!!

Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all,

Thanks for all of your thoughts! We have an appt. at 4pm today so I will report back later!

Sarah

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
paws crossed all is well and will await an update

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vet said Manchego should be fine. She took a sample of the fluid for some lab work to be sure but she said she doesn't drain them because they heal better on their own. She recommended a hot compress for 10 min 3x a day.

She said it's likely from an injury or banging his knee on something and the fluid collects around the injury.

Thanks for the concern everyone!! I will post again when I get the lab results!

:)
Sarah , Manchego & Brie!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Thanks for posting - I'm so glad you got Manchego to the Vet, Hopefully the compresses will help and the results will be benign

Annabelle sends smoochies to Manchego !

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No word from the vet yet but just in case anyone needs info on this in the future here is a link. It's called 'elbow hygroma' and is caused by repeated trauma to the joint most likely from lying on a hard surface.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2491&S=1&SourceID=42

I've confirmed what my vet said online that you shouldn't drain the fluids.

Hope ya'll are having a great day!
Sarah

1 - 20 of 27 Posts