Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Ah...........what a cutie. Very sweet :) :) You know how people roll their eyes when you bring out your dog photos...well not on this forum...we love doodle pics :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have been on pins and needles waiting to see pics. She looks very happy and I'm so glad she made it finally. Thanks for posting the pictures, I was getting ready to call you but knew you had a late night and didn't want to wake you :)

Kristin and Lynn, this puppy is Dex and Sandy's sister. Now we can watch all 3 of them as they grow :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well HELLO LUCY!!! So nice to see you!!

I have Lucy's brother Dexter, formerly known as "Navy Collar Male" :) I'm glad you're here, now we can watch another sibling grow up!!

So welcome, and stick around! She's beautiful.............. :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome Lucy!! I'm so thrilled another one of Sandy's littermates has joined the forum - You now must post pictures at least once a week to keep us all happy ;) :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh! Sandy Doodle has a thing in one of her pictures that looks like a traingular stake twisted into the ground attached to a rope. I need to get one of these for my chihuahua (she can squeeze out of the fence pretty easily at the gate). Does this work well? And is it something I could find at a local pet store?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
jamesandkristin said:
Ohh! Sandy Doodle has a thing in one of her pictures that looks like a traingular stake twisted into the ground attached to a rope. I need to get one of these for my chihuahua (she can squeeze out of the fence pretty easily at the gate). Does this work well? And is it something I could find at a local pet store?
Absolutely get one - We aren't fenced in (yet) so it has been a lifesaver :) I think it was around $15 at petsmart - maybe a little more? They are in the same isle as the leashes.

Congrats again! Can't wait to see more pictures (hint hint)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome.....there is one thing you cannot do on this forum.....that would be post too many pictures! We are junkies!! Congrats on the new addition. Lucy is a cutie!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome! What a great feeling it is to get them from the plane and see that they are wiggly, happy, energy filled (yet stinky) bundles of love! You get so many kisses and they are so loyal to you because your "rescued" them from the plane! You are a hero!!
Lucy is gorgeous! Congratulations!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hi welcome nice to meet you and LUCY who is soooooooo adorable :D congrats!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
LOL I was thinking about Lucy this morning :) Glad you brought this thread back to the top Lynn!

Come on Jamesandkristin, update us! How is she settling in?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Yes, Lucy is really cute!! I miss the little puppy stage...Coco is 24 weeks old today and that means 6 months. ....Only if I were to celebrate on the "25th of the month" as she was born Nov. 25th.....she wouldn't be 6 months old until then. I don't know how to count it....but the time flew and she is 21 inches at the withers and 33 pounds.....

Have tons of fun, even though little puppies are such challenges...they are all grown up too quick! Like kids, I guess....

What region of the country do you live in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update on Lucy

Sorry it has been soooo long. Lucy has been busy! She is now 30 lbs and very healthy. She was spayed a couple months ago and recovered fast. Lucy graduated from her first set of training classes (we intend for her to be a companion dog in town). She was the top student and passed her final tests in under a minute! You can see her graduation party pictures at

www.flickr.com/photos/jamesandkristin

She has all the basic commands down, and loves to please. Our chihuahuas no longer enjoy playing with her now that they fit nicely in her mouth. They prefer to watch from the safety of the couch. My friends refer to her as the "muppet dog" and people at work first thought she was a stuffed animal. What a wonderful breed. We could not be more happy. She has these big eyes that can melt your heart, even when she has just stolen a Cinnabon off the table. We had to abandon the crate after she pooped on herself many nights in a row. She just wanted to be out and next to us. Lucy has been sleeping on the floor in the bedroom, and we block her in the kitchen during the day. She enjoys rides in the convertible, playing frisbee and barking at the neighbors. Oh, she also enjoys grabbing the toilet paper and unrolling it all through the house. Not kidding. And what a bark. If anyone knows a good way to discourage it please let me know. We tried the water gun and spray bottles, but she loved them. I think she would bark just to get sprayed. I will hand it to her, she is much smarter than we are. A big thanks to Diane for our little girl. I recommend http://www.ddlabradoodles.com/ to everyone that stops us around town.

james

1 - 20 of 34 Posts